Queen Mary Anniversary Scholarship 2018, UK
This scholarship is available to all nationalities and across all programmes except the BDS and MBBS (i.e. quota-controlled programmes). The scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit and can be renewed each year, throughout your undergraduate degree.
- Students must achieve AAA in key A-levels, or international equivalent. Please note students that achieve the equivalent to AAA i.e. A*AB are also eligible for the award. This award will be confirmed after A-level results day due to this criterion.
- Students must be planning on paying their own tuition fees. Those who already have funding from another Queen Mary scholarship are not eligible.
- Students must be applying for entry in September 2018.
- The qualifying grades must be in the subjects expressed in the offer of admission.
- Students must be new entrants into Higher Education, i.e. have not previously studied part or all of an undergraduate degree level course.
- The policy on payment of the Scholarship during years in industry and study abroad is under consideration.
- Please note the award amount will not increase during your studies, but may decrease in proportion with any decreases in regulated fees in future years.
- Payment in second and third years is contingent on an overall academic achievement mark of above 80% in each year of study at Queen Mary (i.e. you must achieve an overall mark of above 80% in every progression year to maintain the Scholarship).
- This scholarship scheme operates independently of the Queen Mary Bursary Scheme. The applicant could receive a bursary in addition to the scholarship.
- This scholarship will be awarded as a stipend to Home and EU students and a fee discount to overseas fee-paying students.
Students who wish to be considered for the scholarship need to ensure that they have firmly accepted their offer at the point of application for the scholarship. Students who have queries regarding their academic achievement for the year should contact their School. Where a student experiences extenuating circumstances that affect academic performance or progress, continued receipt of an award will be considered within the University's existing extenuating circumstances procedures.
Terms and conditions
In accepting a School specific scholarship, students are agreeing to Queen Mary University of London’s Scholarships Terms and Conditions and to taking part in a range of promotional activities. Terms and Conditions are to work alongside any and all course/School/Faculty conditions or criteria outlined in a scholarship description.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be expected to:
- Provide a testimonial on your studies at Queen Mary the impact of receiving a scholarship;
- Assist at a maximum of three events organised by your School or the University. Events may include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete scholarship survey
- Photoshoots or filming
- Attending the scholars reception
- Participation in Open Days
- or other events;
This list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change.
It is understood that as a student at the university, your studies must be your highest priority. As such, where possible, events will be arranged as to not interfere with lectures. Events will not be arranged during examinations.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.