Programme for Journalists in Russia - Cross Border Journalism
The new digital era of media, and the globalisation of economic and political processes have brought new challenges to journalism. In particular, they have highlighted the need for journalists to develop international professional networks in order to understand regional characteristics and better cover transnational stories.
To reflect the needs of journalists Perspektivy is launching a new scheme which aims to connect journalists in cross-border collaboration. Journalists from Russia, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, the Baltic or the Caucasus will have the opportunity to work together to produce stories through partnership and collaboration that transcend their national border. Journalists will be offered grants, distance mentoring and seminars to help them to produce insightful stories.
This scheme will involve the following activities:
- 3-4 December 2015. A two day workshop in Moscow, where teams can meet up with Perspektivy mentors to discuss ideas, work on story angles and plan a road-map forward.
- 5 December 2015 - 1 February 2016. A mentoring phase, where the teams will work remotely with experienced mentors and senior journalists as they work on producing their stories.
- Grants will be awarded to each team so that they can undertake travel or research to enable them to produce their story.
- 4-5 February 2016. A two day wrap-up session where the teams meet again to finalise their pieces and present them to the other journalists on the scheme.
- The working language of the programme is Russian.
- This scheme is open to journalists working for media in Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, the Baltic and the Caucasus.
- Journalists must apply with a story idea that transcends a national border.
- Applicants must be professional journalists with a minimum of three years working experience.
Applications are now open. You are welcome to apply for the programme until 2 November 2015 by filling out the application form.
Please note that the size of any uploaded files must not exceed 5 MB.