Laurance S. Rockefeller Visiting Faculty Fellowships
The University Center for Human Values invites applications for Laurance S. Rockefeller Visiting Faculty Fellowships for the academic year 2018-19. Fellows devote an academic year in residence at Princeton to research and writing about topics involving human values in public and private life. The program is open to scholars in all disciplines provided their research plans qualify. In recent years fellows have been drawn from fields including philosophy, political theory, literature, history, classics, economics and law, but this list is not meant to be exhaustive.
The main considerations in the evaluation of applications are the following:
- The significance of the proposed research and its relevance to the purposes of the University Center for Human Values;
- The quality of a candidate’s previous research and the contribution the candidate is likely to make in the future through teaching and writing;
- The likelihood that the research would benefit from being conducted in the University Center environment.
How to apply
Candidates must submit an online application. The following materials will be required:
1. A curriculum vitae;
2. A scholarly paper (of no more than about 12,000 words) written in the past three years;
3. A statement (of no more than 1,500 words) describing the proposed research project and including a brief working title for the project; and
4. Contact information for three referees, including at least one who was not a graduate advisor. Referees will be contacted directly with instructions for uploading letters of reference.
These materials should be submitted online by Monday, November 6, 2017. We do not accept application materials by any other method. Letters of reference are to be submitted by November 9. The selection committee begins reviewing applications immediately and incomplete applications may be at a disadvantage. Decisions are expected to be announced in early March 2018.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.