Postdoctoral Fellowships are available for 2018-2019
Candidates interested in conducting postdoctoral research at the Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research (BIDR) are invited to apply for postdoctoral fellowships from the Jacob Blaustein Center for Scientific Cooperation. These fellowships are for the 2018-2019 academic year and are eligible to be renewed for a second year. Postdoctoral positions are available for scholars performing research in topics related to drylands, including: desert ecology, solar energy, environmental physics, architecture and urban planning, rainfed and irrigated agriculture, hydrology, aquaculture, environmental microbiology, desalination and water treatment, and biotechnology.
Candidates should contact a prospective supervisor to develop a research program with him/her before applying for the BCSC postdoctoral fellowship.
- Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who received their Ph.D. degree within the last five years from the start date of the postdoctoral position.
- The program is open to scientists from all over the world.
- The current value of a yearly BCSC fellowship is approximately $25,000 USD (paid in NIS (Israeli currency)). Housing costs are not included.
- Exceptional candidates may be awarded the prestigious Jacob Blaustein Fellowship, which includes a yearly fellowship of approximately $27,000 USD (paid in NIS (Israeli currency)), a roundtrip air ticket, and complementary lodging at the BIDR’s student/scholar housing unit. All applicants are automatically considered for this fellowship and no additional material is required to apply.
- The deadline for applications is March 4, 2018 and applicants will be notified of the BCSC Steering Committee’s decision in May 2017.
- Fellowships are not available to those who received their Ph.D. at BGU.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.