Postdoctoral Fellowships are available for 2018-2019
Candidates interested in conducting postdoctoral research at the Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research (BIDR) are invited to apply for postdoctoral fellowships from the Jacob Blaustein Center for Scientific Cooperation. These fellowships are for the 2018-2019 academic year and are eligible to be renewed for a second year. Postdoctoral positions are available for scholars performing research in topics related to drylands, including: desert ecology, solar energy, environmental physics, architecture and urban planning, rainfed and irrigated agriculture, hydrology, aquaculture, environmental microbiology, desalination and water treatment, and biotechnology.
Candidates should contact a prospective supervisor to develop a research program with him/her before applying for the BCSC postdoctoral fellowship.
- Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who received their Ph.D. degree within the last five years from the start date of the postdoctoral position.
- The program is open to scientists from all over the world.
- The current value of a yearly BCSC fellowship is approximately $25,000 USD (paid in NIS (Israeli currency)). Housing costs are not included.
- Exceptional candidates may be awarded the prestigious Jacob Blaustein Fellowship, which includes a yearly fellowship of approximately $27,000 USD (paid in NIS (Israeli currency)), a roundtrip air ticket, and complementary lodging at the BIDR’s student/scholar housing unit. All applicants are automatically considered for this fellowship and no additional material is required to apply.
- The deadline for applications is March 4, 2018 and applicants will be notified of the BCSC Steering Committee’s decision in May 2017.
- Fellowships are not available to those who received their Ph.D. at BGU.
Candidates should first select a topic of interest and identify a prospective supervisor.
Contact the faculty member about possible postdoctoral positions and, if available, develop a research program with the faculty member.
- You must complete the application form Application form
- You must send copies of your undergraduate and graduate degree diplomas and grade transcripts , as PDF or Word attachments, to the BCSC office, by email to email@example.com
- 3 reference letters, your referees should be faculty members who have taught and/or worked with you. One of the referees should be your dissertation advisor. Ideally, another referee should be a scientist who is familiar with your work but is from a university other than your own. Please instruct your referees that their reference letters should be sent directly to the BCSC office, as a PDF or Word with the institute's letterhead and signature Attachment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that current BIDR postdocs in their first year of research who do not have a BCSC fellowship are eligible to apply for a BCSC Postdoctoral Fellowship, in accordance with BGU regulations.
The application deadline is March 4, 2018. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted for consideration.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: