Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Stem Cell Genomics
ONE POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP (SKO 1352) in stem cell genomics with focus on spatial genome organization is available for 2 years at the Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Molecular Medicine, from November 1, 2015. The position is funded by the Research Council of Norway.
The position is associated with the laboratory of Professor Philippe Collas (www.collaslab.com). The laboratory focuses on the study of nuclear architecture and chromatin organization in stem cells. The project aims to investigate the dynamics of associations of the genome with the nuclear envelope, and the dynamics of chromosomal interactions in the course of stem cell differentiation.
The candidate will be able to draw on existing expertise within the group in the areas of stem cell biology, chromatin biology and bioinformatics. The work will involve interactions in a cross-disciplinary team consisting of cell and molecular biologists and bioinformaticians.
Qualifications and Personal Skills
The selected candidate will have a solid experience in genomics: this will include bioinformatics with emphasis on ChIPseq/RNA-seq data analysis, machine learning methods, and identification of chromosomal interactions. The candidate will also have experience in cell and molecular biology. Knowledge of stem cell biology will be a strong advantage.
Short listed applicants will be contacted for an interview. A research seminar will be expected as part of the interview.
- Ph.D. in genomics, biostatistics or computational biology
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives
- Ability to collaborate in cross-disciplinary environments
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- Collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A challenging and friendly working environment
- Salary based on salary level 57-62 from 483 700 to 529 800 NOK/year
- Favorable pension arrangements
- Attractive welfare benefits
Application should include
- CV summarizing education, positions and relevant work experience
- Complete list of publications
- 1-page statement of previous research accomplishments
- ½ page statement of research experience relevant to the position announced
- ½ page motivation statement
- List of 3 references with contact information
The application with attachments is to be uploaded in our electronic recruiting system EasyCruit.
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. All documents should be in English.
Guidelines for appointments to post-doctoral fellowships at the University of Oslo may be obtained at http://www.uio.no/english/about/regulations/personnel/academic/guidelines-appointment-postdoc-researcher.html
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results.
The University of Oslo has a goal of recruiting more women in academic positions. Women are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be delivered in EasyCruit.
Job type: Contract
Working hours: Full-time
Reference number: 2015/8015
Home page: http://www.med.uio.no/
Contacts: Professor Philippe Collas
Telephone: +47 22851066
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: