A position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow is available at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Oslo. The fellowship period is for two years, with a starting date as soon as possible and no later than April 1, 2016. No one can be appointed for more than one fixed-term period at the same institution.
Job/ project description
This position is connected with a research project: Stochastic Conservation Laws ("STOCOLA"), funded by the Research Council of Norway. An overall goal of the project is to develop concepts and techniques for the analysis of random phenomena modeled by nonlinear stochastic partial differential equations with solutions possessing low regularity (mixed hyperbolic-parabolic equations with shock waves). This will be carried out through a combination of mathematical and numerical analysis. It will involve several branches of mathematics, including partial differential equations, functional analysis, and stochastic analysis. The fellow will perform research within one or more of the work packages of STOCOLA's research plan. For more information about the project see here.
The application must include
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work - scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Documentation of English proficiency
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
In accordance with the University of Oslo's equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
UiO has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results a.o.
- Job type:Contract
- Working hours:Full-time
- Working days:Day
- Application deadline:29 February, 2016
- Reference number:2016/1202
- Home page:http://www.math.uio.no
- Professor Kenneth Karlsen
Telephone: +47 22855948
- Questions regarding, Easycruit, contact HR, Officer Therese Ringvold