About Postdoc Position
In the context of the 3TU.BSR "Big Software on the Run" research program we are looking for a Postdoc interested in Software Analytics and Data Science for a period of approximately three years.
The 3TU.BSR project as a whole will run for a period of four years and is supported by the three Dutch technical universities (Eindhoven University of Technology, TU Delft, and University of Twente). It was initiated by 3TU.NIRICT, the Netherlands Institute for Research on ICT, which comprises all ICT research of the three universities of technology in the Netherlands.
We are looking for candidates that meet the following requirements:
- a solid background in Computer Science, Data Science, or Software Science (demonstrated by Master and PhD degrees);
- a relevant PhD is expected (ideal candidates have a strong background in both software engineering and process/data mining; also candidates that have a strong background in one of the two areas can apply but should demonstrate that they are interested to become an expert in both);
- good communicative skills in English, both in speaking and in writing;
- candidates are expected to realize research ideas in terms of prototype software, so software development skills are needed;
- candidates from non-Dutch or non-English speaking countries should be prepared to prove their English language skills.
Note that we are looking for candidates that really want to make a difference and like to work on things that have a high practical relevance while having the ambition to compete at an international scientific level (i.e., present at top conferences and in top journals).
Conditions of employment
Conditions of employment
- a full-time temporary appointment for a period of three years.
- salary in accordance with CAO of the Dutch universities ;
- support for your personal development and career planning including courses, summer schools, conference visits etc.;
- a broad package of fringe benefits (e.g. excellent technical infrastructure, child daycare, and excellent sports facilities).
Information and application
- More information about this position contact dr.ir. Boudewijn van Dongen (Assistant Professor), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: +31 40 247 2181
- More information about the employment conditions contact drs. Charl Kuiters (HR advisor), e-mail: email@example.com or by telephone: +31 40 247 2321.
The application should consist of the following parts:
- Cover letter explaining your motivation and qualifications for the position (the letter should show an understanding of process mining and the work done within AIS, see websites such as www.processmining.org and the book "Process Mining: Discovery, Conformance and Enhancement of Business Processes");
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- List of courses taken at the Bachelor and Master level including marks;
- List of publications and software artifacts developed;
- Pointer to a copy of the PhD thesis and key publications;
- Names of referees.
Please apply by using the 'Apply now' button on top of this page before August 31st, 2015.
Applications via e-mail will not be accepted.