Post-Doctor in Informatics, Big Data Analytics
The position is within Informatics. At the University of Skövde Informatics is defined as the science that addresses how information is represented, processed and communicated in artificial and natural systems, and how such systems are used and developed in order to achieve usable and effective applications and solutions for individuals, organizations or society.
Application deadline: August 4th, 2015
Reference number: HS 2015/82
The post-doctor is positioned at the School of Informatics, which is a school in expansion. Our research is internationally distinguished and our educational programs receive high rankings when it comes to both quality and cooperation with workplaces. Today there are 9 Professors and in total about 115 employees at the School of Informatics. We are now looking for more skilled colleagues.
The qualification requirements are:
- PhD in Informatics or other relevant subject or have a foreign degree deemed equivalent to a PhD, and have obtained the PhD not longer than three years prior to the application deadline. If there are special circumstances the PhD could have been obtained earlier.
Bases of evaluation
In addition to the qualification requirements, the bases of evaluation for this position are:
- Degree of proficiency that is required for the employment (see the qualification requirements).
- Experience of research within Big Data Analytics, especially from an applied perspective and an end-user perspective.
- Good knowledge in visualisation and human-computer interaction.
- Good knowledge in machine learning, data mining, algorithmics or data modelling.
- Experience of applications in bioinformatics, fleet management or data- and telecommunications.
- Experience of teaching in Computer Science, Informatics or the equivalent.
- Ability to communicate well, orally and in writing, in English.
- Good collaboration ability.
For this position, special emphasis will be placed upon experience of research within Big Data Analytics, especially from an applied perspective and an end-user perspective, good knowledge in visualisation and human-computer interaction as well as good knowledge in machine learning, data mining, algorithmics or data modelling.
The University of Skövde strives towards ethnical and cultural diversity and equal gender distribution within all employment categories. As the majority of the employees in the School of Informatics are men, the University especially invites women to apply for this position.
The position as Post-Doctor is fulltime and done accordingly to the collective agreement between the Swedish Agency for Government Employers, OFR-S, SACO-S and SEKO. The position is a temporary position for two years.