Policy BootCamp is a flagship program of VIF aimed at training young leaders in public policy and governance. It serves as a launchpad for aspiring public leaders and policy enthusiasts.
BootCamp is a unique opportunity for policy enthusiasts to build an understanding in this field and find out career paths.
- 21 day immersive residential program in Delhi/NCR
- Learn: The Program Focuses on Comprehensive Learning and Career Trajectories in Public Policy & Public Leadership.
- Engage: Engagement Opportunities to Work with Members of Parliament, Bureaucrats, Think-Tanks, Subject Experts, Panchayats, Policy Initiatives and Governance Enterprises.
- Experience: Field Visits for Community Interactions and Innovatively Designed Modules to Develop a Panoramic Understanding.
- Ideate: Focused Group Discussions and Activities to Work on Policy Problems, Case-Studies, Proposals and more.
- Connect: Live, Laugh, Learn and Connect with a Diverse Community of People Passionate about Making a Difference.
A key element of the Policy BootCamp is the focus on career trajectories in the policy making, governance and public leadership space.
June 3 to June 23, 2017
The BootCamp is designed for young people who are ready to launch themselves in the domain of public policy and public leadership.
BootCamp is appropriate for:
- Aspiring public leaders and change makers who want to chart out an impactful career
- Young professionals who want to explore and enter the policy world
- Young development workers who wish to hone their skills in specific areas
- Scholars interested in pursuing higher studies (Masters/PhD) in a policy area
- University students who wish to take up full-fledged careers in public policy and governance
- NRIs and foreign citizens who wish to learn about Indian policy framework and contemporary issues
- Enthusiasts from emerging economies who face similar policy challenges in their countries
Scholarships will be provided on merit-cum-means basis to deserving applicants.
Vision India Foundation has partnered with various subject experts to deliver a comprehensive curriculum for the Policy BootCamp. The program maneuvers through the following 5 tracks:
- Concept Building (Lectures, Panel Discussions, Presentations and FGDs)
- Practical Modeling (Workshops, Case Studies, Solution Design Jams and Implementation Plans)
- Experiential Learning (Field Visits, Group Exercises and Community Interaction)
- Screenings (Documentaries and Interactive Follow-ups)
- Career Charting (Ideation Sessions, Stakeholder Networking and Opportunities in the Space)
BootCamp is a residential programme and is hosted at a scenic campus located in Delhi/NCR.
Policy BootCamp provides a platform for the brightest young minds to learn from and interact with the best and the most influential people in this space. This includes cabinet ministers, distinguished parliamentarians, experienced bureaucrats, academic experts and grassroots workers.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: