2015 PhD scholarships
Transforming Human Societies (THS) is one of the 5 Research Focus Areas at La Trobe University.
THS is offering 3 PhD scholarships to research in one of the following three research themes:
- understanding human origins, mobility and insecurity
- understanding social and cultural change
- achieving social justice with sustainability.
THS offers a stimulating research environment for higher degree research students with opportunities to interact with world leading researchers at La Trobe. You will have the opportunity to choose your supervisor from many disciplines including: anthropology, archaeology, cultural studies, historical studies, law, philosophy, political science, social work, sociology, urban and regional planning, banking, finance and investment, business and management, psychology and genetics.
The THS key areas of research cover five research clusters:
- Human Rights, Gender and Sexuality (Dr Fiona Kelly; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Migration and Mobilities – Ancient and Modern (Dr Raelene Wilding; email@example.com)
- Indigenous Peoples – Australia and International (A/Professor Tracey Banivanua Mar; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sustainability and Social Justice (Professor Katie Holmes; email@example.com)
- Political and Economic Change (Professor Nick Bisley; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications close 30 September 2015.
Applicants should do the following by the closing date:
- Download the RFA THS PhD Scholarship coversheet [DOC 31KB]
- Submit the following documents to Olga Minchin: email@example.com
- RFA THS PhD Scholarship coversheet
- a one page statement outlining your experience, training and expertise relevant to the proposed project
- 300-400 word summary of your proposed project
- a certified academic transcript of results
- an IELTS (or equivalent) certified result (for international applicants only)
- two Confidential Academic Referee reports [PDF 91KB] using the template provided.
- Please submit a formal application for candidature and a scholarship through the La Trobe higher research degree process. You will need to ask two referees to submit reports using the template provided on the website.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9479 5240.