PhD students of the Hector Fellow Academy carry out a self-developed research project under supervision of one of the Hector Fellows. The 20 Hector Fellows are a community of excellent professors from the natural sciences and engineering working at different research institutions across Germany/Switzerland. Hector Fellow Academy PhD students are employed as research assistants at the university of the corresponding Hector Fellow for a period of three years. In addition, they receive material expenses for their research and are given the opportunity to participate in selected management modules.
- Hector Fellow Academy PhD students are part of a scientific elite. Applications requirements are:
- Preparation of a self-developed research idea for a relevant scientific issue
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) with excellent performance
- Very good knowledge of English
- Readiness to move to the location of the Hector Fellow’s university
- In addition, students may not have completed their Master’s degree at the university of their preferred Hector Fellow and their master thesis may not have been supervised by the selected Hector Fellow.
Applications will be accepted from 1st January 2015 until 30th April 2015.