PhD Fellowship in Nanoparticles and Effects on Male Reproductive Function
The Department of Large Animal Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen and the National Research Centre for the Working Environment are offering a PhD scholarship commencing January 1st, 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter - provided the expected funding is given from the Danish Nanosafety Centre.
Nanoparticles and effects on male reproductive function
In this PhD project, you will be responsible for conducting research on the effect of airway exposure to certain nanoparticles on male reproductive function based on semen parameters and histological spermatogenesis. Effects of direct exposure of adult animals as well as indirect exposure of the F1-F4 generation via maternal exposure during pregnancy will be investigated in detail. You will engage in all practical aspects of your PhD project; animal experimentation will be conducted in collaboration with laboratory technicians and animal keepers at the Danish Center for Nanosafety; laboratory work on male reproductive parameters will be performed predominantly at the Department of Large Animal Sciences.
Key criteria for the assessment of candidates
Applicants must have qualifications corresponding to a master’s degree related to the subject area of the project e.g.
Other important criteria are:
• The grade point average achieved
• Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD programme
• Previous publications
• Relevant work experience
• Other professional activities
• Language skills
Terms of employment
The position is available for a 3-year period.
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organizations. The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
• Cover Letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for and detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
• Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
• Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any),
• Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees
• Documentation of English language qualifications, cf. general rules and guidelines, p. 5
The deadline for applications is Sunday 8th November 2015. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.
You can read more about the recruitment process.