Nottingham Research Fellowships
The Nottingham Research Fellowships Scheme targets outstanding early career researchers in most academic disciplines at the University. The Fellowships are open to early career researchers and provide a recognised first step into an independent research career.
Fellowships will normally commence in October 2016, but there is individual flexibility around this date.
- 3 years’ salary costs
- Up to £25,000 per annum research expenses
- The linking of the fellowship to an academic appointment subject to a high level of performance and the right to work in the UK.
- Up to £5000 per annum taxable child care costs
Fellows may be recruited to most Schools in the University's five Faculties.
How to apply
The application process for this scheme is a four-stage process.
- The first step requires candidates to make contact with the School or Department where they are interested in applying. This is to help ensure that Schools and Departments are able to support your Fellowship project
- The second stage is the submission of an Expression of Interest form (EOI), which provides a brief outline of the proposed project and details about the applicant. Forms must be submitted to the named contact in the host School or Department. The deadline for expressions of interest to be submitted is 26 October 2015.
- Following review of the expression of interest submissions, short-listed applicants will be invited submit a full application. The deadline for full applications to be submitted to Catherine Jew is 8 January 2016.
- Candidates will be notified regarding invitations to attend an interview in late February 2016.
For further general information about the scheme or the application process, please contact Catherine Jew by email email@example.com or on +44 (0)115 84 67107.
It is recommended that candidates discuss their proposed EOI with the Head of the School/Department that would host their Fellowship, should their application be successful.
When submitting an EOI to the Head of School/Department, please mark your email ‘Name - NRF Expression of Interest submission’.
Each participating School has nominated a lead academic to act as the contact point for applicants.