The Norman Spink Scholarship Fund is a fund to help support all students who are able to demonstrate need of financial assistance, to undertake the one year LLM Law programme at King's specifically related to Tax Law.
What is the Norman Spink Scholarship?
King's College London is delighted to announce the launch of the Norman Spink Scholarship Fund. The generous bequest from the late Mr Norman Spink has been established to support students who wish to study tax law at King's. This fund is intended to give students the opportunity to further their legal careers in an internationally recognised centre of excellence.
The winner will be selected on the basis of a personal statement as well as demonstrable financial need. Applicants must have a confirmed place to study the one year LLM Law programme at King's in September 2015.
The scholarship is open to all applicants and is worth £10,000.
The scholarships are worth £10,000 (Home/EU/International) and are intended to help towards the cost of your tuition fees for the year.
For 2015-16 one scholarship will be available.
- Home/EU students: The scholarship will be worth £10,000. Remaining tuition fee: £3000.
- International students: The scholarship will be worth £10,000. Remaining tuition fee: £8850.
Eligible students must:
- be undertaking the 1 year LLM Law programme at King's, 2015 entry;
- be undertaking the LLM (Tax Law Pathway);
- be able to demonstrate a need for financial assistance;
- have provided a written personal statement;
- be willing to provide an end of year report and a letter of thanks to the estate of the donor.
The application form should be completed, scanned and emailed firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively it may be posted to Student Funding Office,
You must submit a word/pdf version of your supporting statement. This should be emailed to email@example.com.
Provided your application form has been accurately completed and the appropriate documentary evidence supplied, you will be notified of the decision by 30 May 2015.
The award of a scholarship to an offer-holder will be conditional upon:
- the offer-holder accepting a place on the King’s LLM programme and
- the fulfilment by the offer-holder of all conditions, both academic and English Language, attached to his or her offer of a place at King’s by 10 July 2015.
Deposits are not required until a decision has been made on the scholarships, unsuccessful scholarship candidates will need to pay their programme deposit within two weeks of the outcome.
The successful candidate will be selected by panel of senior academic Law School representatives.
To find out more about the Scholarship scheme, please contact the Student Funding Office.
The College has tried to give students an early opportunity to begin their research of student funding. Although every effort has been made to ensure that information provided is both helpful to prospective candidates and accurate at the time of its publication, it is possible that some information may be outdated or superseded before the start of the 2015-16 academic year.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: