NASF's educational foundation remains committed to helping undergraduate and graduate students interested in studying chemical engineering, material science or engineering, mechanical engineering, metallurgical engineering, environmental engineering or chemistry.
Scholarships to college juniors, seniors and graduate students are offered in the amount of $1,500. Candidates must demonstrate academic achievement and involvement in extracurricular activities. Awards will be given for the 2015-2016 academic year.
What are the qualifications for interested applicants?
• The scholarship award is available to both undergraduates and graduates.
• Undergraduate applicants must be junior standing or above when applying and must be of senior standing for the 2015-2016 academic year.
• Undergraduate and graduate students must be studying in chemical engineering, material science or engineering, mechanical engineering, metallurgical engineering, environmental engineering, or chemistry.
• The applicant must be attending an accredited college.
• There are no geographic limitations. Both national and international applicants are urged to apply.
What is the amount of the award?
Undergraduate and Graduate awards are $1,500.00 USD.
What is the deadline, and when will the winners be notified?
The deadline for submitting applications is December 9, 2015. The AESF Foundation will notify the award winners by December 31, 2015.
Can a scholarship holder reapply for a second year (time)?
Yes, a previous award winner is permitted to apply for a second year (time).
Where can an applicant obtain an application?
The scholarship application form is downloadable from NASF.org/scholarship. What items does an applicant need to include in an application?
• A statement describing the applicant’s career objective and an intended plan of study and/or research in plating and surface finishing science and engineering (Limit: 2 typed pages).
• A resume detailing the applicant’s academic achievements (Limit: 2 typed pages).
• Two recommendation letters from professors and, if working in a company, employers. Note that one letter must be from an academic advisor.
• An official copy of the most recent undergraduate or graduate transcript (to be sealed by the academic institution where the applicant attends).
Please note: All documents must be in English or have an English translation attached.
How will an application be judged?
Applicants are judged on thefour major factors: (1) academic record, (2) personal statement, (3) working experience, and (4) extracurricular activities.
Note that if an applicant proposes a research project, make sure to clearly state the project objective, approach, and anticipated results.
Where should an application package be submitted?
Application packages (including a completed application form and all requested materials) should be mailed to:
The AESF Foundation
1155 Fifteenth Street, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005