The Winter School will cover all main research topics of NIM, referring to the five research areas:
- RA 1: Quantum Nanophysics
- RA 2: Hybrid Nanosystems
- RA 3: Nanosystems for Energy Conversion
- RA 4: Biomolecular Nanosystems
- RA 5: Biomedical Nanotechnologies
The audience will be composed of graduate students and post-doc researchers from physics, chemistry, biochemistry and life sciences.
(Download the schedule as PDF file)
The program committee is composed of the following members of NIM:
- Jochen Feldmann, Erwin Frey, Achim Hartschuh (LMU München)
- Friedrich Simmel, Jonathan Finley, Sebastian Gönnenwein, Nicolas Bézière (TU München)
- Achim Wixforth (Augsburg University)
- Fred MacKintosh (VU Amsterdam)
- Twan Lammers (RWTH Aachen)
- Nick Devoogdt (VU Brussels)
We have booked rooms at the Hotel Alpenhof and at hotels near by from Sunday evening March 13rd to Friday after lunch, March 18th (departure day). Rooms with two or three beds will be available for students, single rooms for professors, post-docs and all invited speakers.
NIM will provide transportation by bus from Munich, Germany to Kirchberg, Austria and back. Please select “book bus ticket” in our online registration form. The fee for the bus transfer will be ~15 EUR for each direction.
Bus departure from Munich: tba
Bus departure from Kirchberg: tba
In case that you do not book a bus ticket to/from Kirchberg we assume that you will organize your transport yourself. Please note that the program starts with dinner on March 13rd at 6:15 pm and plan your arrival accordingly!
For directions to Kirchberg and general tourist information about Kirchberg, please visit: www.kirchberg.at
There will be two poster sessions during the winter school, the first on Tuesday, March 15th, and the second on Thursday, March 17th. The standard poster size is A0 (841 mm × 1189 mm) upright.
The program committee will select 10 posters for short oral presentations (5 min) before the poster sessions.