Globalink Research Award
The Mitacs Globalink Research Award supports research collaborations between Canada and select partner countries. The award is open to graduate students in all disciplines.
The call for applications for this initiative is now open — the deadline to apply is March 31, at 5 p.m. PST.A call for proposals occurs twice a year, typically in January and September. Applications are awarded competitively and subject to available funding.
A call for proposals occurs twice a year, typically in January and September. Applications are awarded competitively and subject to available funding.
How to apply
- Review all eligibility and award guidelines
- Collect all required signatures on sections 6 and 7 of application form: student, home supervising professor, host supervising professor, and appropriate host university office. Signatures can be electronic or a scanned image. Contact Mitacs at international(at)mitacs.ca if you require clarification.
Mitacs recommends allowing 1–2 weeks to secure university signatures and confirm internal deadlines; students are responsible for confirming any applicable deadlines with their universities.
- Submit the completed proposal and supplementary documentation by email to apply(at)mitacs.ca by the posted deadline.
Keep emails to less than 10MB. If necessary, send multiple emails.
The application form must be submitted in its original fillable format. Only Sections 6 and 7 may be submitted as a scanned PDF if digital signatures cannot be obtained.
Letters of support can be included in the application or sent separately by professors to apply(at)mitacs.ca
Your subject heading must be in the following format: “Student first and last name_Destination_Mitacs partner, if applicable” (e.g., John Doe_France_Inria, Jane Doe_Brazil). Do not include any other information in the subject heading.
- Consult with your university’s international office to determine any requirements for travel to and research abroad
Travel to the destination is not permitted prior to the approval of the award AND Mitacs’ receipt of the International Pre-departure and Student Code of Conduct and Ethics forms. Neither Mitacs nor its international partners are responsible for costs incurred before an application is approved.
- Must be registered for full-time studies at an Inria research centre and remain as such throughout their Globalink Research Award
- Cannot undertake a research project at an institution where they have previously completed a degree and/or been employed
- Must be the legal age of majority in Canada (18 years of age or older)
- Must meet travel requirements for their intended Canadian destination, including visa and/or immigration requirements and associated documentation
- Cannot hold more than one Globalink Research Award per academic lifetime
Host supervising professors:
- Must hold a faculty position at a Canadian university
- Must be eligible to supervise graduate students and hold Tri-Council funding
Home supervising professors:
- Must be recognized faculty members at their institutions and
- Must be eligible to supervise graduate students
All parties involved with the Mitacs Globalink program must comply with the Canadian university’s policies regarding the ethical conduct of research and scholarly activities. Any issues or disputes around research or academic misconduct will be subject to the Canadian university’s processes following their institutional policies.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: