Amount of scholarship
Annual sum of ¥2.0 million, ¥1.5 million or ¥1.0 million, determined on the basis of evaluations by our selection committee.
Annual sum of ¥500,000 for applicants receiving scholarships or benefits from other sources
Note: A scholarship recipient's failure to make satisfactory academic progress or any unethical or immoral behavior or illegal act by the recipient may result in a reduction or withdrawal of his/her scholarship.
2) Period covered by scholarship
One year: From April to March of the following year
Recipients may apply for a renewal of their scholarship for up to two times, for a total scholarship period of three years.
3) Applicant categories
- New applicants: Applicants who have not previously received a scholarship from the Foundation
- Renewing applicants: Applicants who have previously received a scholarship from the Foundation
4) Grounds for withdrawal of scholarship support
(1) The scholarship recipient withdraws from school.
(2) The recipient takes a leave of absence from school or does not attend classes for an extended period.
(3) The recipient fails to advance toward his or her degree or is at risk of failing to meet graduation requirements.
(4) The recipient is not expected to graduate due to injury or illness.
(5) The recipient fails to make satisfactory academic progress or engages in unethical behavior.
(6) Circumstances render the scholarship unnecessary.
(7) Circumstances other than the above arise that disqualify the recipient.
(8) The recipient is expelled from school for disciplinary reasons.
(9) The recipient otherwise ceases to meet scholarship criteria.
Information for students already enrolled at UT
UT has submitted an application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and applied for scholarships for currently enrolled students as well. If the university gets funding for one year scholarships and enrolled students can apply, all students from target countries will be informed of the possibility to apply. Further information can be expected in May/June.
Announcement of results
Applicants who were nominated for the scholarship will be contacted by June 15, 2015. If possible, results will be announced together with the admissions results.
Scholarship contact person:
International Student Service
University of Tartu