Amount of scholarship
Annual sum of ¥2.0 million, ¥1.5 million or ¥1.0 million, determined on the basis of evaluations by our selection committee.
Annual sum of ¥500,000 for applicants receiving scholarships or benefits from other sources
Note: A scholarship recipient's failure to make satisfactory academic progress or any unethical or immoral behavior or illegal act by the recipient may result in a reduction or withdrawal of his/her scholarship.
2) Period covered by scholarship
One year: From April to March of the following year
Recipients may apply for a renewal of their scholarship for up to two times, for a total scholarship period of three years.
3) Applicant categories
- New applicants: Applicants who have not previously received a scholarship from the Foundation
- Renewing applicants: Applicants who have previously received a scholarship from the Foundation
4) Grounds for withdrawal of scholarship support
(1) The scholarship recipient withdraws from school.
(2) The recipient takes a leave of absence from school or does not attend classes for an extended period.
(3) The recipient fails to advance toward his or her degree or is at risk of failing to meet graduation requirements.
(4) The recipient is not expected to graduate due to injury or illness.
(5) The recipient fails to make satisfactory academic progress or engages in unethical behavior.
(6) Circumstances render the scholarship unnecessary.
(7) Circumstances other than the above arise that disqualify the recipient.
(8) The recipient is expelled from school for disciplinary reasons.
(9) The recipient otherwise ceases to meet scholarship criteria.
How to apply?
In order to be considered for this scholarship, the candidates must first choose the study programme(s) they wish to apply for (maximum of 2 programmes). Applicants are required to meet all admission requirements and submit the full package of application documents (please find more information on the website(s) of your chosen study programme(s) above). All applicants from target countries are automatically considered for the scholarships. Scholarships are allocated to the best applicants based on the ranking lists of all study programmes.
It is the University of Tartu that will apply for scholarships from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and only well motivated candidates with good academic performance and properly prepared admission package will be considered. The students who have not graduated by the admission deadline are still eligible, provided that the rest of the admission documents are properly prepared.
If you are interested in taking up Master’s studies at the UT and regard yourself a good candidate for this scholarship, please submit all required application documents in our online application system by April 16, 2015. The documents have to be sent by post as well and arrive in our office by April 30 at the latest. We do not request for any additional documents to be submitted except for the ones required by the study programme(s) you are applying for.
Information for students already enrolled at UT
UT has submitted an application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and applied for scholarships for currently enrolled students as well. If the university gets funding for one year scholarships and enrolled students can apply, all students from target countries will be informed of the possibility to apply. Further information can be expected in May/June.
Announcement of results
Applicants who were nominated for the scholarship will be contacted by June 15, 2015. If possible, results will be announced together with the admissions results.
Scholarship contact person:
International Student Service
University of Tartu
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: