Macquarie University has a mid-year Scholarship Allocation of 30 iMQRES (for international) and 20 MQRES (for Domestic) scholarships available to newly commencing PhD candidates only.
You must meet Macquarie's direct PhD admission and scholarship criteria.
International candidates must submit their applications before 30 September 2015*.
Domestic candidates must submit their applications before 31 October 2015*.
Successful candidates must commence by 15 December 2015.
Applicants are encouraged to Apply Now and required supporting documentation needs to be provided at application stage to avoid processing delays.
*These scholarships will be offered to the first approved 30 international and 20 domestic PhD offers and allocations may be consumed before these indicated dates.
Macquarie University funds Higher Degree Research (HDR) scholarships through the Macquarie Research Excellence Scholarship Scheme (MQRES) for both international and domestic candidates. We fund postgraduate candidates of exceptional research promise and develop researchers with a proven capacity for research.
The Strategic Research Framework 2015 – 2024 is our roadmap by which we deliver World-Leading Research with World-Changing Impact.
- 85% of our research is rated world standard or higher (Excellence in Research for Australia, 2012)
- 120 researchers ranked in the top 1 per cent in the world (Essential Science Indicators, 2014)
- More than 100 partner universities in more than 30 countries for Cotutelle and joint PhD
- More than 1,900 HDR candidates
- $1 Billion invested in infrastructure and facilities in recent years
Successful applicants will usually have:
- an outstanding academic record
- a history of scholarships and prizes at the undergraduate level
- and may have evidence of peer-reviewed research activity, such as publications and/or conference presentations.
Applications are open now.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications via eApplication. Paper-based applications will also be accepted. Emailed applications are not accepted.
Applicants should write "2015 Mid-Year MQRES" under "Other scholarships" for these allocations when you apply online or write"2015 Mid-Year MQRES" under "Other" on the paper based application.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered and all required supporting documentation needs to be provided at application stage to avoid processing delays.
International candidates also need to take into consideration visa application processing timelines.
Scholarships officers, Higher Degree Research office
Phone: (02) 9850 1893 or (02) 9850 9782