About the University of the West of England
UWE Bristol is a thriving, modern university, offering a wide range of highly respected courses and employment-enhancing opportunities – in one of the UK’s most vibrant cities.
We’re a well-established university, with over 27,000 students, 250,000 alumni and 3,000 staff. Students come to study with us from all over the UK, as well as from 140 different countries around the world, making this a diverse and interesting place to come and study.
Our research and wider impact
Alongside our teaching, our academics are working on nationally and internationally-renowned research in many interesting areas – from robotics to appearance issues. As well as enriching our teaching, we ensure our research contributes to society and the economy through knowledge exchange, science communication, partnerships and supporting business innovation and growth.
With more than 600 courses on offer, at undergraduate, postgraduate, professional and short course level, we offer a broad range of subjects across the arts, creative industries, health, science, business, law, environment and technology disciplines. We are well known for the quality of our teaching, and for our student experience as a whole.
We’ve built close links with leading employers such as CERN, Rolls Royce, the NHS, Aardman Animation and the BBC to help develop the right content for our courses and to give our students exposure to diverse professional opportunities.
Bristol is a big pull for students and employers alike. One of the UK’s most diverse and desirable cities to study and live in, it’s also a city that’s buzzing with industry – with interesting networks, opportunities and graduate employment options right here on our doorstep.
“We want our students to become ready and able graduates, who feel confident in their abilities and the part they have to play in the world.”
-Professor Steve West, Vice-Chancellor
Bristol MBA Scholarships
Bristol MBA International Scholarship
- Study level - Postgraduate (full-time)
- Award values - 50% full tuition fees
- Award duration - One academic year
- Number of awards available - 4 for September 2016 start, 2 for January 2017 start
- Countries accepted - All classed as overseas for fees purposes
Eligible applicants must
- have achieved the equivalent of a British 1st or 2:1 in an undergraduate degree
- hold an unconditional offer or a conditional offer where IELTS or equivalent English language is the only condition
- be a new student to UWE Bristol with no previous UK study
- be classed as overseas for fees purposes
- not be a sponsored student or in receipt of another scholarship/award
- provide official transcripts at the time of application
- successful candidates when accepting the scholarship will need to prove that they satisfy the UKVI criteria in terms of being able to cover living costs and the remainder of the fee
How to apply
Application for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Full-time) programme can be made online by selecting the 'Apply for this course' option on the web page. To be considered for the Scholarship applicants will need to cover the following points in their personal statement which should accompany the programme application:
- Why an MBA, not any other programme, could help you in your professional development?
- Why you are applying to the Bristol MBA? Why it is particularly interesting to you?
Students who have deferred their application from academic year 2015/2016 to 2016/2017 will need to write another personal statement if they would like to be considered for the Scholarship and upload it via their UWE welcome portal.
They should clearly write and save the document as “Personal Statement for Bristol MBA International Scholarship” before uploading via their welcome portal.
For September 2016 start the submission deadline is 30 April 2016. Your application will be assessed by the MBA programme leader and candidates will be informed of the final decision by 30th May 2016.
For January 2017 start the submission deadline is 31 October 2016.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: