PhD Student Positions (3 years)
MNARS is an international graduate program launched by the Max Planck International Research Network on Aging (MaxNetAging). The program focuses on topics of aging ranging across the full spectrum of the behavioral and social sciences, biology, law and the humanities. Each PhD student enrolled in the MNARS will be affiliated with one participating Max Planck Institute. During the first six months of the MNARS all doctoral students will study together at the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research in Rostock. Please visit www.maxnetaging.mpg.de for more information on the program and the participating Max Planck Institutes.
Applications should include:
- a CV
- a short statement on which MPI and with what research group/s you would like to be affiliated with (if possible, please also provide a letter of support from the head of the research group that you would like to be affiliated with)
- a letter of motivation (Why do you want to join the MNARS? What are your main research interests, career goals…?)
- details of qualifications, including information about honors, awards, or evaluations of your educational degrees (e.g., "cum laude")
- a list of publications, if any
- names and addresses of 2 people we can contact about you
Successful candidates will receive a Support Contract for the duration of 3 years which is based on the Collective Wage Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD Bund) in terms of the level of remuneration (EG13 /50%). The Support Contract establishes an employment relationship under social insurance law and is subject to tax liability.
The Max Planck Society wishes to increase the share of women in areas where they are underrepresented, and strongly encourages women to apply. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourages them to apply. Applications should be addressed to the MaxNetAging Director Prof. James W. Vaupel and sent by e-mail at the latest by September 13, 2015 to email@example.com. E-mail inquiries concerning the application process and other aspects of MNARS should also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: