About the scholarship
A Doctoral research scholarship in Materials Science & Engineering aimed at improving the advanced manufacturing capability of Australian enterprises.
A fully funded 3-year PhD position is available in the Department of Engineering at La Trobe University in the field of Advanced Materials to start in 2017. This exciting role forms part of a collaboration between the university and an industry partner involved in the production of advanced metal products for aerospace, defence and biomedical applications. The project will principally involve the processing and design of novel specialty aluminium alloys for demanding applications.
Applicants should hold a first class honours degree or Masters degree in a related engineering or science discipline and be eligible to work in Australia. The applicant will also need to comply with eligibility requirements of the industry partner. Experience of foundry practices, casting simulation and non-destructive testing would be highly desirable.
Benefits of the scholarship
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three years, with a value of $26,689 per annum, to support your living costs [2017 rate]
- a fee-relief scholarship (LTUFFRS) for four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University (international applicants only)
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs
- The program is industry based meaning the applicant must be hands on and able to work in a busy environment.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this Scholarship, follow these steps:
- review details on how to apply for candidature at: latrobe.edu.au/research/future
- To Apply, submit an enquiry using our online enquiry system, indicating that you wish to be considered for the scholarship. We will direct this to the appropriate La Trobe staff member
- When you have received in-principle agreement for supervision, complete and submit your application to the La Trobe Graduate Research School (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 3 2017 for admission into La Trobe’s PhD program, indicating you wish to be considered for this Scholarship.
The University will carefully review your application and consider you for the Material Science Aluminium Alloys Scholarship.
You will be advised of an outcome by 31 March 2017.
Closing date - Applications close March 3, 2017.
Contact us - If you require further information, please contact: Prof. Roger Lumley, Head, Department of Engineering
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: