Computer Science (Master of Science) Program
The Master of Science programme in Computer Science is aimed at graduates of Bachelor of Science degrees in Computer Science and related programmes. The Master’s in Computer Science is the second professional degree following the Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and develops and expands knowledge of the subject in order to enable students to work independently in this field of science. One of the key goals of the programme is to stimulate students to work independently in research and development work on the basis of the methods, system expertise and different scientific views taught in the programme.
The Master’s programme enables graduates to embark on a long and successful career in administration, business, industry and research, as the course is not limited to the latest content but instead focuses on fundamentals and teaches the theoretical foundations of basic concepts and methods that will outlast current trends.
The programme teaches students the principles, concepts and methods of Computer Science that will take them further. At the end of the programme, graduates should be able to use Computer Science to process tasks in various fields of application under the given technical, economic and social conditions as well as to develop adequate systems and manage projects. They should be able to use the concepts and methods they have learned in future developments. Students can also use the Bachelor’s programme as the basis for looking at additional areas of application, or they can go deeper into the area of application that they have selected in the Bachelor’s programme.
|Degree||Master of Science in Computer Science.|
|Duration||The standard length of study for the Master of Arts is 4 semesters.|
|Languages of instruction||German|
|Start of the programme||The programme starts at the beginning of the winter or summer semester.|
Goethe University offers scholarships for this Master programme. Eligible for application are candidates from all over the world who have obtained a degree from a university outside Germany.
|Documents to be submitted|
- If you are not already enrolled at Goethe-University Frankfurt:
university entrance qualification (e.g. A-Levels)
- Copy of the final degree certificate; applicants from a “Diplom” programme should submit a copy of the “Pre-Diploma” certificate
- The relevant Diploma Supplement or equivalent documents (performance records stating courses, module descriptions, etc.)
- if the Bachelor's degree has not yet been completed:
- a transcript of records or equivalent document listing the content of the study programme
- a letter of recommendation from your Bachelor's thesis' supervisor
- filled form of the obtained skills in mathematics and computer science
International students also have to submit the following documents:
- the German language skills for entrance into higher education (DSH) certificate; see §3 para 2 of the study regulations for the Master of Science in Computer Science
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China, Cameroon or Mongolia need to submit additional documents.
- You may need to submit other documents, depending on your country of origin and your previous education; please see the general information about applying for a Master’s degree.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.