Master Fellowships for students enrolled in a Master course in Mathematics or Computer Science
Every year CIMI (Centre International de Mathématiques et d’Informatique) in Toulouse provides a number of fellowships for students enrolled in a Master course in Mathematics or Computer Science in one of the programs associated with CIMI.
4 fellowships for students starting on the first year of a Master’s degree M1 and 10 fellowships for those starting on the second year of a Master’s degree M2 will be available.
Those fellowships are open, on a competitive basis, to French and foreign students and awarded on the basis of the quality of the academic records.
First year (M1) applicants: Applicants must have obtained a degree corresponding to the European Bachelor's degree.
Second year (M2) applicants : Applicants must have successfully completed the first year of a European Master's degree, or an American Bachelor's degree, or any equivalent level.
The CIMI LabEx applies an equal opportunity policy in selection.
IMPORTANT : Students applying for a Master course combining work and training ("formation en alternance") are not eligible for CIMI fellowships.
What is CIMI ?
CIMI stands for "Centre International de Mathématiques et Informatique de Toulouse", or International Center of Mathematics and Computer Science in Toulouse. It is one of the Excellence Laboratory chosen by the ANR for the period 2012-2020.
CIMI brings together the teams of the Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse (IMT) as well as the teams of the Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse (IRIT).
The goal of CIMI is to to establish itself as a leading international center in mathematics, computer science, and their interactions. This original combination within a single structure goes beyond the current conventional collaborations and creates a real synergy suitable for achieving global excellence in research and in exploring innovative research areas. The means provided by the LabEx program will allow CIMI to be an international reference center and a leader on the themes put forward in the scientific project, attracting high-level scientists, Doctoral and Post-Doctoral students and coordinating powerful educational projects to attract the very best students at the Master level. The innovative tools developed at CIMI will have a strong economic impact on the region and will profit its industrial partners in major technological areas, making CIMI a strategic partner of the social and economic world.
CIMI is a unique place for research in mathematics and computer science attracting high-level scientists and students. The program includes actions towards attractiveness, enabling a proactive strategy of high-level recruitments of confirmed and junior scientists and of outstanding students (French and foreigners). These include excellence chairs for long-term visitors and visiting chairs supported by partners from the industry on specific projects. In addition, attractive permanent positions are created with CIMI’s institutional partners, through a selection procedure supervised by the CIMI boards. Grants for Doctoral and Post-Doctoral students, as well as supports for Master students, are features of the educational program. Attractiveness is further enhanced with thematic trimesters organized within CIMI on specific topics including courses, seminars and workshops.
The level of funding will be competitive and sufficient to cover tuition fees and part of living expenses in Toulouse :
- 600€ per month over 10 months for applicants starting in the first year M1
- 1 000€ per month over 10 months for applicants starting in the second year M2
All applications must be submitted online by Friday 3rd of February 2017 (22H00 Paris time).
1. Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
2. Details of the grades obtained at University from the 1st year to present
3. Details of the courses attended in the year 2015-2016
4. Two recommendation letters (one from the head of the current year syllabus) : do not forget to mention the e-mail addresses of the professors wishing to send recommendation letters. They will receive an automatic e-mail to upload their letter.
5. Applicant’s motivation letter: applicants for a M2 fellowship MUST clearly state in their letter the M2 programme (M2R, IMAT,...) they are applying for.
6. Information about current level of French language skills: only applies to foreign students from non French speaking countries applying for a M1 fellowship. All M1 courses will be taught in French.
The applicant is responsible for making sure his/her application file is complete by the closing date. Incomplete applications will not be examined.
Selection process :
Fellowships applications will be examined by the LabEx CIMI Executive Committee and Prospective Committee. Grants will be awarded on the basis of the quality of the academic records.
Important: The M2 programme in Maths and in Computer includes an internship during the second semester. For students selected for a CIMI fellowship, the internship will have to take place either at the Institut de Mathématiques or at the Institut de Recherche en Informatique.
- Syllabus M1 Maths Fondamentales
- Syllabus M1 pro IMAT Maths
- Syllabus Master Statistique et Informatique Décisionnelle (SID) M1/M2
- Syllabus M2 Research (M2R) Maths
- Syllabus M2 pro IMAT Maths
- Syllabus Master in Computer Science
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: