MassChallenge Israel Internship
MassChallenge Inc., a U.S.-based startup accelerator with existing programs in Boston and the United Kingdom, is expanding its operations in Israel and launching a full startup accelerator serving both the Israeli and international entrepreneurial communities.
MassChallenge Israel offers unparalleled opportunity for interns to make a big impact in the world! If you are a student or a recent graduate with a passion for innovation and entrepreneurship, we want to meet you!
MassChallenge Israel offers 3-6 month-long internships across all of our areas of work, on either a full- or part-time basis.MassChallenge Israel interns gain valuable learning and real-world experience, and they contribute critical support to the success of our organization and accelerator program. All interns perform critical tasks that are essential to our mission of “helping entrepreneurs win!”
MassChallenge Israel provides interns with significant professional development and growth opportunities, and access to an incredible network of innovators and entrepreneurs. All internships are based in Jerusalem, Israel.
MassChallenge Israel interns perform important tasks and projects that benefit the entire organization. Each intern has a primary area of work, while also working collaboratively across the organization.
We are looking for interns in each of the following areas:
- Partnerships – Partnerships is essential to fundraising and community relations at MassChallenge. As a partnerships intern, you will be directly involved in all aspects of partnership development and service. You will work with the partnerships team to research prospective partners, carry-out administrative tasks related to managing relationships with current partners, and assist with programs and events related to business development for MassChallenge.
- Operations – Operations at MassChallenge involves a wide variety of activities from customer (startup) service to office space development to IT. Operations interns will collaborate with the entire team to prepare for and manage the accelerator program. This includes office space maintenance, IT support, surveys, events, and occasionally providing direct support to startups in the program.
- Marketing – Marketing interns create strong and consistent content across all media platforms. This is critical to our organization’s positioning and branding. As a marketing intern you will contribute to social media content creation, design marketing campaigns, assist with implementing our communications strategy, and generally promote MassChallenge within the startup ecosystem. You must exhibit excellent writing skills and a strong social media background to be considered for this role.
- Programming/Events – Events interns will assist in planning and implementing a wide variety of programs and activities for the startups in the accelerator program, as well as the community at large. You will gain first-hand event management and logistics experience while assisting with planning and executing these events.
MassChallenge is seeking highly motivated interns passionate about working with early stage startups. Applicants should have a strong work ethic and a lot of enthusiasm for developing their skills and their career in the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
What we look for:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ideally in both Hebrew and English
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects efficiently and simultaneously
- Ability to maintain poise and composure in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Function-area specific education and/or skills are desirable, particularly where noted in the above descriptions
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated; hungry for success
- Dedication to and enthusiasm for our mission of “helping entrepreneurs win!”
HOW TO APPLY
Draft a one-page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself by answering the following four questions:
- Why Startups: Tell us why you want to work with startups, and why at MassChallenge in particular.
- Why You: Detail why you are a perfect match for an internship with MassChallenge.
- Which Role: Please tell us which of our four areas of work you’d like to be considered for. Please also indicate whether you’re open to us considering you for others.
- When:Indicate when you are available to start, for how long you are able to commit, and how many hours per week you are available to work.
Please be sure that the cover letter is no longer than a single page.
Finally, when you send us your LinkedIn profile, please do NOT cut and paste the URL from your browser's address bar. Rather, please provide the shorter URL that LinkedIn provides, which includes your name.