Masdar Institute Scholarships
Applications for the Spring 2016 semester for international applicants will open on 1 October 2015 and close on 31 October 2015. Applications for UAE students will close on 1 December 2015.
NOTE: As of 30 September we have been facing a critical system error in the online application module and are working towards rectifying it. Applications will re-open as soon as possible.
For the initial application for admissions, copies of documents submitted do not have to be original or certified as true. However, if admitted, you will be required to have original transcripts sent directly from your university as well original TOEFL/IELTS/GRE scores sent directly from the relevant examining body.
Applicants are required to fill in the online application form and submit the following documents in PDF, MS Word or JPF format. Do not upload RAR or ZIP files.
- Copy of undergraduate/graduate transcripts
- Statement of Objectives
- Research Proposal (for PhD applicants)
- Copy of GRE and TOEFL (or IELTS) scores
- Copy of CV (including education, list of publications, awards, professional experience, etc.)
- JPEG passport-sized photo of not more than 100K in size
- Name and email address of 3 referees (preferably university/professional email addresses and not common Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc., addresses)
Guidelines for Statement of Objectives
The Statement of Objectives is very important so we encourage you to write it carefully. We seek a statement of one to two pages (approximately 400 to 1,000 words) explaining your reasons for wanting to do graduate work at the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology.
Your Statement of Objectives should describe:
- How you think about the world and your professional objectives
- The issues or problems you want to address during your studies at Masdar Institute and the setting in which you eventually see yourself working professionally
- How your previous studies and work experience (if any) relates to what you propose to do at Masdar Institute
- Why you are applying to Masdar Institute and the specific program
- Other matters you think are important for us to know
Guidelines for the Research Proposal (for PhD applicants)
Candidates are required to write a brief proposal for research outlining in general terms the scope of their intended research project, and naming at least three potential research advisors from the Masdar Institute faculty. Note: A list of faculty and their research interests can be found on the website.
The Research Proposal should include:
- A brief description of the research project
- Describe what you hope to accomplish including practical or theoretical benefits
- Describe how you intend to approach the project
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: