Marshall Plan Scholarships
The Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation invites U.S. and Austrian universities of applied sciences and technical universities to take part in this program and nominate their students or students from partner institutions who are interested in doing academic research abroad. Participants will be asked to hand in a research paper or documentary report of their research work.
It is the Foundation’s goal to see more Austrians and Americans participate in exchange programs, thereby increasing mutual understanding and image.
(Excerpt from the website of the Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation www.marshallplan.at)
For JKU students going to the U.S. and U.S. students coming to JKU
- Status as full time student (with at least one successfully completed semester at the home university). Applicants must remain enrolled as students at the home university during the entire research period.
- Research assignment in science and engineering
Research period / Scholarship duration: min 3 months
Grant amount: EUR 4000 to 10000 depending on level of research (Bachelor/Master/PhD) and duration of research period abroad
Documents to be submitted within 3 months after the research period abroad:
- Signed original document: Confirmation by host institution indicating the exact duration (from ddmmyyyy– to ddmmyyyy)
- Via e-mail (pdf): Research report (min. 7500 words excl. front page, table of contents and references/testimonials
- Via e-mail (pdf): General final report/résumé (max. 2 pages)
- General impression of research period abroad
- Research institution’s quality
- Contacts within research institution / integration
- Organization, study/research location
- Recommendations for future Marshall Plan Students/Fellows
- Contact e-mail valid after end of research period abroad
Please note: The awardee undertakes to publicly present her/his research findings within the framework of an appropriate event and/or on the Foundation´s website (may be adjourned if research findings will be published in/as a scientific paper).
For further information please contact:
General program information:
Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation
Walcherstraße 11a, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 (0)1 50175 597
Fax: +43 (0)1 50175 900
-For questions regarding the application:
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Altenberger Straße 69, 4040 Linz, Austria
Tel.: +43 732 2468 ext. 3291, Fax ext. 3294