Call for applications for
Regional Master's Programme in Human Rights and
Democratization in the Caucasus
The Regional Master's Programme in Human Rights and Democratization in the Caucasus is established with the financial support of the European Union. It is part of the Global Campus for Master’s Programmes and Diplomas in Human Rights and Democratisation around the world. The MA is implemented in cooperation with the European Inter-University Center (Venice), and in partnership with leading universities of Armenia, Ukraine, Belarus, and Georgia
The Regional Master's Programme in Human Rights and Democratization is an interdisciplinary programme (with legal, political and multidisciplinary components), with duration of 1 year (60 ECTS). It is implemented by Yerevan State University (home university), Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (host university), Belarusian State University (host university), and Tbilisi State University (host university). The official languages of the Programme are English and Russian.
Students will spend first term of the programme at the Centre for European Studies of the Yerevan State University. Second term implies mobility and students based on their educational background, research and/or professional interests will choose specialization module.
The Programme will start on September 2016 and finish in July 2017.
The Enrollment takes place in 3 stages:
- Stage 1- Submission of Application and Required Documents
- Stage 2- Notification of shortlisted applicants and Interviews
- Stage 3- Official Invitation
- Admission Requirements
The Human Rights and Democratization programme is open to all interested applicants who hold bachelor’s Degree or a Degree equivalent to Bachelor’s. The applicant shall also be fluent in English and Russian, have professional and/or research interest in human rights and democratization issues. Academic and/or professional experience in abovementioned fields is an asset.
- Application Package:
The Application for the programme will be submitted online. Alongside with the Application form, prospective students are required to submit the following documents
- Completed Application Form (online, available at: http://regionalmaster.net/ )
- A full Curriculum Vita (Europass CV available at: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/EuropassCV/CV Ex amples.csp ),
- Motivation Letters (1500-2000 characters) both in English and Russian
- Essay (1500-2000 words) on Human Rights and Democratization related topics (please consult the website for more detailed information concerning the essay topics and requirements)
- Contact details of two people who can provide Reference Letters (one from academia, and one from a current or former employer, if the applicant has work experience)
- Scanned University Diploma or Diplomas
- Academic Transcripts
Additionally, those who have taken English language proficiency tests can include their Certificates
English Proficiency Test Score- TOEFL (PBT 530- 575, IBT 80-100) or IELTS (6.0-6.5)
- How to apply
The applicant should:
- Fill in an the online application form, Parts A and B;
- Fill in Part C uploading CV, Motivation Letters, Essay, 2 reference letters, scanned university diploma/diplomas, university transcripts and English Language Proficiency Test Score (Optional)
Application submission period is from May 3 to June 30, 2016. The period for evaluation of applications and interviews is from July 1 to July 25, 2016. Admitted students will receive their official letters of invitation by August 15, 2016.
We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible.
- Coordination Board will evaluate the applications based on the following Criteria: o Academic merit (Educational background, CV)
- Motivation: Interest in human rights and democratization issues o Provided written paper
- Commitment to idea of voluntarism and social involvement o Experience in relevant fields.
The programme foresees full scholarships for up to 25 students from target countries for academic years 2016-2017. The Scholarship covers academic costs, travel and living expenses. The priority will be given to non-resident students.
More information can be provided upon request.
For additional information please consult with the website: www.regionalmaster.net or contact us:
Center for European Studies Yerevan State University 1 A. Manoogian, Yerevan 0025 Armenia
Tel.: +374-10 550810
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org