About the jubilee
For almost 350 years, the University has been a powerful force within education, research and community building, which has left its mark on Lund, the region and the nation. Our 350th anniversary celebrations aim to be a collective opportunity to highlight the education, research and other activities which take place at the University.
With a background featuring innovations in everything from medicine and engineering to humanities and culture, the jubilee will be an inspiration to continue to renew our activities and interaction with wider society, looking towards the future and the University’s development.
A programme with something for everyone
During the jubilee year, we are proud to present a programme of events within the University’s regular activities as well as special jubilee productions. The celebrations will involve festivities as well as showcasing the University’s breadth and academic expertise.
The programme will offer events including:
- cultural activities,
- publication of jubilee books and
- performances of a specially written jubilee revue.
In addition, there will be thematic research weeks with world-famous participants, popular science lectures and debate evenings.
In fact, in classic Lundensian style, the jubilee will be characterised by both seriousness and humour, levity and gravity. We hope to be able to offer something for everyone – students and staff, old and young, alumni and friends of the University as well as cooperation partners, Lund citizens, residents of Skåne and other interested parties.
The complete programme with all the details will be released on the inauguration day, 19 December, both in printed form and here on the website, so watch this space to stay up to date!
Fill out your personal information.
Explore the different programmes and research areas at Lund University and select the one that you are most interested in and that you want to apply to. Find a Master’s programme that matches your interest and background here.
Take the quiz and describe your ideas about how you can contribute to a better world with the knowledge and experience that you will gain when studying the Master's programme at Lund University. Then share your personal story explaining your inspiration and motivations to study the programme.
Submit the competition materials through the competition website before the deadline. In parallell, you also apply to the programme at Lund University following the regular programme application process. If you have made a complete competition entry and are also selected for admission to the programme at Lund University, you will be in the pool of candidates considered for the competition scholarships.
You can register for the contest in the official website of the company.
To be eligible to participate in Lund University’s 350th Jubilee Scholarship you must fulfil the following requirements:
- You intend to apply or have already applied to a Master’s programme starting in autumn 2017 at Lund University.* Click here to learn how to apply.
- You are NOT a citizen of the EU, EEA, or Switzerland.
- You are required to pay tuition fees for your Master’s studies at Lund University.
*Only participants who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at Lund University will be eligible to win a scholarship. You will submit your competition materials before you have been admitted, however, your submission will not be judged until after you have been offered a place at a Master’s programme at Lund University.
Eligible submissions will be judged according to all three steps in the competition: the quiz, the short essay, and the personal statement. It is important to show that you thoroughly understand Lund University’s mission in research and innovation, and that you have a clear vision for how you can contribute to that mission as a student in one of their Master’s programmes.
Social Media Award
- Tell the world about your participation in Lund University's 350th Jubilee Scholarship competition! All you need to do is share the link to your Public Profile page on social media and invite your friends to leave you a recommendation.
- Four participants with the highest number of recommendations collected on the Public Profile page will win a package with Lund University products!
- One winner will be chosen each month from October to January and no participant can win the Social Media Award more than once.
- Participation in the Social Media Award is optional and will not affect your chances of winning the competition.
For more information click "Further official information" below.