London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine Scholarships for 2016-17
The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is offering a small number of highly competitive scholarships for London-based MSc students who show potential for academic excellence and for careers aligned with the Mission of the School The School receives philanthropic donations and raises additional funds to provide these scholarships. Some of the funding available is unrestricted (that is, the school can award it to any suitable candidate). However, some is restricted (that is, the funder has set certain criteria to be met by applicants). All applications received will be considered for the 2016-17 London-based MSc Scholarships, and awards will be made from the most appropriate source of funding. These scholarships are open to all eligible applicants. However this year, there is also "restricted" funding available to applicants from low to middle income countries (please scroll down the link for the relevant sections); United States of America; and applicants assessed to have UK/EU fee status.
Applicants may apply for whichever of the following four options best meets their requirements by selecting the option(s) most relevant to them on the application form.
- a full scholarship - This award covers the full cost of tuition (London-based MSc course tuition fees and any mandatory field trip fees) and a tax-free annual stipend of GBP 17,250.00*, paid out monthly.
- a half scholarship - This award provides exactly 50% of the full scholarship
- a fees-only scholarship - This award covers the full cost of tuition (London-based MSc course tuition fees and any mandatory field trip fees)
- a bursary scholarship - This award provides a tax-free annual stipend of GBP 17,250.00*, paid out monthly. This award will only be paid out to successful applicants once the School can verify that the students have paid their tuition fees and any mandatory field trip fees in full
* The stipend amount has been set to cover a reasonable monthly living allowance in London and the costs associated with undertaking a summer project as part of the MSc course. There should also be sufficient funds, over the year, for students to recover the costs incurred for flights, Tier 4 visa application and NHS surcharge fees.
To be considered for the 2016-17 London-based MSc School Scholarships applicants must have submitted a complete application for London-based MSc study for 2016-17 using the School’s online application portal. These scholarships are open to both full time and part time students.
Applicants should submit
- a complete application for London-based MSc study for 2016-17 using the School’s online application portal, and
- a completed, hand-signed 2016-17 London-based MSc Scholarship Application Form by email to the Scholarships team in Registry
by the scholarship deadline.
Applicants who have already submitted a complete 2016-17 London-based MSc study application and/or have been made an offer of admission should apply for the scholarships by completing the scholarship application form and submitting this by the deadline.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: