La Trobe University Industry Focussed PhD Scholarships
La Trobe University Centre for Technology Infusion (CTI), is a Research and Innovation Centre, incorporated within the School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences in the College of Science, Health and Engineering. The core strength of the Centre is in applied research with focus on transitioning the research outcomes into commercial innovations targeting high impact application areas.
The Centre would like to invite applications for 2 Industry Focussed PhD scholarships in one of the following areas:
- Radio Frequency (RF) Design
- RF Integrated Circuit (IC) Design
- Digital/Analogue IC Design
Each PhD candidate will receive a stipend of $30,000 per annum for 3 years (tax exempt), plus a top-up scholarship of $3,000 for exceptional candidates as assessed by the selection committee. The Industry Focussed PhD program will include approximately 1.5 years of direct hands-on involvement on an Industry sponsored commercial R&D project (including mentoring from the Industry partner), and further 1.5 years of continued research in the Centre towards completing the requirements of the PhD program.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application by 31st of January, 2016 (AEST time zone). Please ensure that your application includes the following:
- A brief cover letter addressing the requirements
- Up to date CV with the list of publications (if any)
- Scanned copies of original academic transcript(s) (with English translations for international students certified by the Registrar of the issuing institution or by an accredited translator)
- Contact details of two referees
- Evidence or plans for meeting English language requirements (for international students; please refer to the following link for more information: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/study/how-to-apply/international/english-and-academic-requirements/english-language-requirements)
Please submit all supporting documentation as above in a single pdf file while completing the online application process.
Shortlisted candidates may be interviewed at the discretion of the selection committee and their referees will be contacted (over the phone or by email).
Dr. Aniruddha Desai
Director, Centre for Technology Infusion
+61 3 9479 1242