The Kuwait Prize
Kuwait Prize was established in 1979, in fulfilment of the objectives of the Kuwait foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) in supporting scientific researches in various fields, and encouraging Arab scholars and researchers. KFAS has dedicated prizes in five fields; four of these fields are announced annually (Basic Sciences, Applied Sciences, Economics and Social Sciences, Art and literature), and the fifth field which is (Arabic and Islamic Scientific Heritage) will be announced every three years. The topics of the fields are subject to change annually.
KFAS Awards for each field a cash sum of K.D. 40,000 (forty thousand Kuwaiti Dinars) approx. $ 130,000 (one hundred thirty thousand U.S. Dollars), a gold medal, a KFAS shield and a certificate of recognition to one or more of the citizens of Kuwait and other Arab countries.
Conditions and requirements
- The applicant must be from an Arab nationality and have a proof of an Arab origin either a birth certicate or a valid passport from an Arab country. A copy of the birth certicate or passport should be attached along with the submitted application.
- The work submitted should be innovative, significant in the announced eld, and published during the past twenty years. Submitted work may include papers published or accepted for publication in refereed journals, and books with ISSN number (authored, translated, edited, and chapter in a book). Masters or PhD theses shall not be evaluated as part of the Applicant's scientific work.
- KFAS will consider nominations from universities, academic and research institutions, scientic centres, past recipients of the prizes and peers of the nominees.
- KFAS will accept self-nominations. To support self-nominations, applicants should provide a list of five references: four academics/researchers and one scientic organization. KFAS will seek out support letters from three of these references.
- KFAS decisions concerning the prizes are final and objections are not accepted.
- Applicants must fill in the prize application form and send it along with the submitted work electronically. The application form is obtained from KFAS website www.kfas.org. The application form along with the comprehensive scientic achievements should be sent in PDF format, either via USB memory stick addressed to:
- Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences - Al sharq, Ahmed Al-Jaber St. - Tel: (+965) 22270465
- Or through the cloud, storage services sites such as (Google Drive - Dropbox - OneDrive) via Prizes email:email@example.com