Kings College London King's-HKU Joint PhD Scholarship
- Open to residents of the following countries
- Be due to commence a full-time joint PhD programme run in collaboration between King’s College London and the University of Hong Kong during the 2016/17 academic year
- Have applied to King’s College London as the home institution
- Have submitted all the required application materials by the funding deadline (as outlined in the PGR Guidance Document attached below)
- The scholarship cannot commence prior to September/October 2016
- Students currently enrolled on a joint PhD programme are not eligible to apply
- The scholarship cannot be held on a part-time basis
- Applications for joint PhD programmes must be approved by both King’s College London and the University of Hong Kong before a formal offer can be made. As such, the process may take longer than for a single PhD programme. Students are able to apply for the scholarship whilst their application is being considered in order to meet the set deadline.
- If final acceptance has not been received by both institutions by the scholarship deadline, students must have at least obtained approval from the relevant faculty/department/division within King’s College London along with provisional agreement from a supervisor within the University of Hong Kong. Proof will be requested as part of the application process.
- Applicable subjects
Applications may be submitted
from 16-Dec-2015 until 31-Mar-2016
Information about the funding
King's has recently announced support for a number of PhD scholarships for international students wishing to commence their research programmes in 2016-17.
Value of award
International fees, bench fees (at £1.5K) where applicable & stipend
In order to be considered for an award, candidates must:
1) First, apply to King’s College London for a joint PhD programme run in collaboration with the University of Hong Kong using the online admissions application (https://apply.kcl.ac.uk/) *
2) Submit the online Joint PhD scholarship application form to the Graduate School by the funding deadline of 16:00 GMT, 31 March 2016. Note that this should only be done after you have submitted a complete admissions application, including all necessary supporting documentation such as transcripts, references and English test results (if applicable). The online application form can be accessed at:https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/fees-and-funding/student-funding/postgraduate-research-funding/joint-scholarships-form.aspx
* PLEASE NOTE: students who have already applied for admissions, and those who previously applied but deferred entry to 2016/17, will NOT be required to submit an admissions application again.
For full details of the scheme please refer to the guidance document attached below.
For general queries about the scholarship scheme please contact:
Postgraduate & Graduate School Support
King's College London
Tel: 020 7848 4146/4568
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: