Call for Proposals 2017-2018 King’s College London – Freie Universität Berlin Joint Research Workshops
With the goal of facilitating cutting-edge research cooperation, King’s College London and Freie Universität Berlin have established a joint seed funding scheme to support annual joint research workshops.
King’s-FUB joint research workshops allow researchers to identify complementary research strengths and facilitate the use of synergies in future research projects. The workshops should have a clearly defined research focus and serve as a catalyst for the development of new research projects. The workshop format and duration is not pre-defined. The workshops can be held in Berlin or in London; participants should include both senior and junior researchers. Researchers can participate in more than one workshop provided that the workshops are not submitted in the same cycle.
The scientific motivation for holding the workshop should be clearly explained, including how the involved FUB and King’s College institutes or departments can profit long term from this cooperation and what synergies will arise. Inclusion of researchers from the Berlin Medical School Charité, Francis Crick Institute as well as from nonuniversity research institutions such as Max Planck Institutes, Helmholtz Centers, Leibniz Institutes, Thomas Young Centre and others, is encouraged, however, the additional costs must be covered by these partners themselves. The call is not limited to a specific academic field, the workshops can be either focused on one discipline or be of interdisciplinary character.
Submission of proposals
Proposals can be submitted by permanent/tenured professors of Freie Universität Berlin and tenured or tenure-track faculty members at King’s College London. It is required that the workshop proposals involve several FUB and King’s College faculty, both senior and junior researchers (PhD students or Post Docs). Total workshop costs shall not exceed € 5.000 (including travel), of which FUB and King’s College will cover 50% each under this call.
Funding for joint research workshops is provided on a competitive basis. Projects will be selected by a joint King’s College-FUB committee, giving particular attention to the following criteria:
• Clearly formulated goals of the workshop
• Information on envisaged synergies between the PIs/research units 2
• Level of concreteness of future joint research, incl. timeframe and information on funding programs and steps for developing a joint proposal
• Compatibility with the FUB/King’s research profiles (interdisciplinary nature, excellence of project leaders, scope of the different fields/labs represented in the proposed workshop)
Submission and deadlines Proposals for FUB-King’s College joint research workshops must be submitted in English.
They should not exceed 4 pages and have the following information attached:
• Timeframe/Date for the workshop (workshops shall be held within one year of proposal submission)
• Budget calculation
• Written endorsement statement of respective FUB/King’s College faculty/department
• Information on project leaders on both sides and list of other FUB/King’s College participants Joint proposals can be submitted at the following date: October 31, 2017
Researchers should submit their joint proposal simultaneously in Berlin and in London. Proposals should be sent electronically to the following addresses:
At Freie Universität Berlin: Center for International Cooperation Judith Winkler Freie Universität Berlin Tel: 0049 (0)30 838 73949 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At King’s College London: Global Engagement Yuchun Chiang Mathews King’s College London Tel: 0044 (0) 20 7848 1794 Email: email@example.com
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: