Caucasus Research Resource Center-Armenia Foundation invites applications from recent graduates of social sciences to participate in Junior Fellowship Fall 2016 program. It is designed to provide a substantive work experience for junior researchers who are interested in embarking first-hand policy-relevant research analysis careers as well as gain valuable professional insight under the guidance of experienced staff. The program runs for a maximum of 3 months. Junior fellows will receive a gross monthly stipend of 120.000 AMD.
• Advanced proficiency in essential computer programs, including statistical data analysis software
• Developing relational databases as well as acquainting with data visualization and video scribing tools
• Experience in project management and obtaining necessary skills to succeed in future career
• Wide network of collaboration, working with experienced and committed colleagues thus growing into an active member of the CRRC-Armenia team, benefiting from CRRC-Armenia services (databases, library, network)
Junior Fellowship program outline
Within the Junior Fellowship program selected Junior Fellows will choose a topic of their interest to conduct a research in the social sciences and related disciplines. Preference will be given to the candidates whose topics are close to any one or any combination of the following themes below:
• Food Security and Nutrition analysis
• Analysis of elite dispositions towards inequity in Armenia and Georgia
• Needs assessment of Syrian-Armenian refugees in Armenia
Duties and responsibilities
Research and program related line (60%)
• Select a topic of their interest using databases developed by CRRC-Armenia to produce a publication in the form of a working paper/report, policy briefs and/or blog posts which builds on their academic research
• Deliver work-in-progress presentations on their research findings
• Attend a series of small working group discussions/meetings, lectures, seminars and trainings
• Provide monthly short progress reports and a final evaluation report
Project administration (40%)
• Support in implementation of CRRC-Armenia’s ongoing projects, conduct research by preparing, drafting and editing reports, presentation materials, adjusting questionnaires if needed
• Update the databases of different projects in SPSS (make presentations using Excel and PowerPoint)
• Perform other duties as may be assigned
• Be a citizen of Armenia between the age of 22 and 30 holding a minimum of a bachelor’s degree (PhD holders are not considered for this fellowship program)
• Communicate fluently in English (speaking & writing) as well as have excellent writing skills in Armenian
• Commit minimum 32 working hours of work per week for the whole contract period
• Have a computer literacy
The application process
Step 1: Fill out this application form and submit it no later than November 13, 2016, 12:00 a.m.
Step 2: If you are short listed, you will be asked to take an English language test on November 18, 2016.
Step 3: After the test, you will be invited for a two-day intensive training on data analysis using SPSS on November 23-24, 2016.
Step 4: The best candidates will be selected and contracted starting from the end of November, 2016.
If you have any question about the application process, send an email to Armenuhi Vanoyan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: