Joint PhD Program "Digital Business International"
The PhD Program „Digital Business International“ is a joint initiative of University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria (UASUA) and Johannes Kepler University of Linz (JKU) together with the local government of Upper Austria.
Land Oberösterreich sponsors the main part (€ 500.000 for 2015-2019) of the funding jointly with UASUA for this PhD program in the form of stipends for international PhD students.
Students grants are oriented at the personnel cost rates defined by FWF for Doctoral candidates (which correspond to University/UASUA employment of 30h/week employment with the remaining 10h/week intended for independent writing or additional project involvement).
- International alignment:
- PhD candidates are recruited internationally and locally and will get the opportunity to work in a research team at UASUA and JKU.
- Mobility and participation at international scientific conferences.
- Integration of the research (e.g. empirical studies, case studies) with leading industry partners in Upper Austria such as BMW, KTM, Voest Alpine, Fronius, runtastic
- Excellent scientific qualification of the scientific board and high level of mentoring
- Educational Background for PhD at JKU: A Diploma degree or Master’s degree in Social and/or Economics, Business Sciences, Business Information Systems
- Candidates should have professional knowledge in (Scientific) English language and at least basic knowledge in German language (intensified courses can be attended in Austria) – please provide certificates if available
- Candidates will have to move their center of life to the greater area of Linz or Steyr, Upper Austria
- Candidates ideally have scientific experience (proven by publications)
Your written application for the PhD position should contain the following parts:
1. Letter of Introduction (max. 1 page)
2. Full CV
Please provide your submission in MS Word or PDF Format.
Applications or enquiries should be sent to:
− FH-Prof. Dr. Andreas Auinger
− Subject „PhD Program Digital Business International“
Submission Deadline: April, 30th 2016
For a detailed overview of the program and additional information on topics like admission requirements please refer to this document.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: