ORGANIZATION NAME: Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST)
TITLE: Web Developer-Administrator
START DATE: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer-Administrator to be responsible for building and shaping a visitor’s experience at a website, creating it according to the design and page features (animations and pictures). The candidate is also responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software.
The candidate should be able to troubleshoot issues quickly and to stay up-to-date on current and emerging technologies, standards, and trends.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling the web-site.
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Proven working experience in web programming;
- Proven system administration experience;
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification is a plus;
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML,CSS;
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices;
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development;
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools;
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process;
- Problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills;
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines;
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques;
- BS in computer science or a related field is desired.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the title of the position “Web Developer-Administrator” in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia.
FAST aims to revive the country’s strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem.
One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.