TITLE: Senior Research Analyst
START DATE: ASAP
The Research Analyst is responsible for designing and conducting analyses that respond to internal and external needs for organizational development, business conception, policy research and marketing. The position requires quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting skills. The incumbent will have an understanding of hard and soft sciences, higher education, funding and investments, as well as of market drivers. Additional competencies include fluency in a range of technological tools used in assessment and institutional research such as statistical analysis software.
The successful candidate is able to work in a fast-paced environment, has excellent oral and written communication skills, is able to lead and implement projects, is able to collaborate with internal and external colleagues and has a keen attention to detail, is analytical and can easily recommend actions based upon the gathered data/facts. The information and analyses prepared by the incumbent carry fiscal and policy implications. Reports and analyses are used to assist the organization in planning and decision making.
- Develop research protocol while utilizing best practices in research design, data collection and data analyses
- Conduct research, utilizing public and private sources of information to collect, record, analyze and evaluate facts
- Conduct extraction-transformation-loading (ETL) of relevant information from multiple large data sets
- Produce clear and concise written reports documenting the methodology used to conduct and analyze studies
- Summarize project results
- Prepare progress reports, dashboards and Business Intelligence reports
- Prepare other articles, reports and presentations
- Prepare materials for senior management review
- Monitor the project budget
- Be an active, willing and cooperative partner with other members of the project teams
- Be prepared to develop independent research projects
- Master's degree (preferably in social sciences, mathematics, statistics or computer sciences; PhD is preferred)
- At least two years of recent experience in an applied research/data management environment
- Ability to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software applications (SPSS, SAS, Excel); knowledge of Tableau preferred
- Ability to perform statistical analysis
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work effectively with people possessing differing levels of technical knowledge is required
- Effective oral communication skills and proficiency in producing technical reports is required
- Knowledge of conventional business practices and cultures desirable
- Knowledge of survey design and research methodology
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of business processes and excellent critical thinking skills
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate the title of the position “Senior Research Analyst“ in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST Foundation is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
ABOUT FAST FOUNDATION
FAST intends to become a platform for bringing the technological breakthrough in Armenia in the areas of IT and computer science, artificial intelligence, robotics, biotechnology, advanced engineering and manufacturing technologies. The Foundation will be based on 4 pillars: education, research, start-ups and production. Expert council will be formed for every direction.
FAST is planned to pursue three main goals: to serve as a catalyst for technological development, concentrate the efforts and last, but not least, to coordinate the progress in the field. At the same time, FAST will operate according to the principle of an open platform that is ready for the development of partnership relations with private, state, public and scientific organizations in Armenia and in foreign countries. Organizationally FAST will operate as a FOF, without pursuing a commercial objective by itself. The initiative will create commercial venture funds and other business structures.
The scope of the initial financing for the development of the Foundation will be up to USD 15 million. The co-founders will launch a global fundraising campaign to attract up to USD 250 million within five years.