ORGANIZATION NAME: FAST Foundation
TITLE: Science Evangelist
START DATE: ASAP
If you have the right blend of science training, tech skills, passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may just be FAST’s Science Evangelist. We are looking for a trailblazer to inspire people, especially the Armenian youth and students, to want to engage and drive scientific advancement and innovation. This role will be on the scientific forefront, representing the ongoing evolution in how people view and interact with science and scientific findings.
The right candidate will have a passion and expertise in applied physical and biological sciences, math, and engineering. The Evangelist will represent FAST by speaking at the most prominent scientific events and as well as in smaller meetings with decision makers and other prominent scientists. The ideal candidates will possess excellent communication skills that will allow them to engage hundreds of people at once or drive in-depth discussions with small group of senior science leaders.
As the Science Evangelist, you are responsible for researching, understanding, and communicating key insights and perspectives on best advancements in science. You will create and update information and orientation materials. You will also develop and manage relationships with universities adopting FAST’s priority science areas for classroom use. Your success will be measured by the growth and widespread use of science in many critical economic verticals, including in technology inventions and business innovations.
- Research, experiment, and stay up to date with cutting edge scientific strides.
- Serve as a thought leader externally and internally, providing guidance on best practices, science trends, and future potential.
- Build connections with influencers in the scientific community, and represent FAST with scientists and scientific associations and partners.
- Engage with scientists by speaking at and attending conferences, speaking at meet-ups.
- Help build and nurture a robust Armenian scientific community, collect valuable feedback, and champion science needs internally.
- Master’s or PhD (preferable) in hard sciences
- 3+years hands-on physical science experience
- Must have scholarly publication(s) in peer-reviewed journal(s)
- Very strong English, Russian, and Armenian written and verbal communication skills
- Existing network of senior level science contacts in Armenian academia, professional world, and beyond
- Effective oral communication skills and proficiency in producing technical reports is required.
- Ability to work independently
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate the title of the position “Science Evangelist“ in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST Foundation is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
ABOUT FAST FOUNDATION
FAST intends to become a platform for bringing the technological breakthrough in Armenia in the areas of IT and computer science, artificial intelligence, robotics, biotechnology, advanced engineering and manufacturing technologies. The Foundation will be based on 4 pillars: education, research, start-ups and production. Expert council will be formed for every direction.
FAST is planned to pursue three main goals: to serve as a catalyst for technological development, concentrate the efforts and last, but not least, to coordinate the progress in the field. At the same time, FAST will operate according to the principle of an open platform that is ready for the development of partnership relations with private, state, public and scientific organizations in Armenia and in foreign countries. Organizationally FAST will operate as a FOF, without pursuing a commercial objective by itself. The initiative will create commercial venture funds and other business structures.
The scope of the initial financing for the development of the Foundation will be up to USD 15 million. The co-founders will launch a global fundraising campaign to attract up to USD 250 million within five years.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 3, 2017