Job Opportunity: Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) Language Assistant in Moldova
The European Union Twinning Project “Support to the strengthening of the operational capacities of the Law Enforcement Agencies of the Republic of Moldova in the field of prevention and investigation of criminal acts of corruption” is seeking to recruit Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) Language Assistant.
Duration: Total Project duration 24 months, indicative start date: end of September or October 2017
Work place is based in Chisinau
Maximum Gross monthly salary: 1.100 EUR
Contract type: fixed term service contract
The RTA Language Assistant will report directly and will be supervised by the RTA.
1. RTA language assistant
- Act as a language assistant to the RTA and assist visiting short term experts;
- Translate written materials with relation to the project in Romanian-English v.v. and Russian – English v.v. Interpret during missions; meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings and other project events in Romanian-English v.v. and Russian – English v.v.;
- Developing and maintaining close working contacts and relationships with Beneficiary Country and Member States’ officials involved in the activities and the project management;
- Performing all other duties assigned e.g. cooperate and work with RTA Assistant in daily management of the project related activities.
Requirements for the RTA language assistant:
- be of Moldovan nationality or having valid residence and working permits;
- University degree in translation/interpretation or English language;
- RTA language assistant may not have or recently (past six months) have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration, namely the National Anti-Corruption Centre of the Republic of Moldova, Anti-Corruption Prosecutor's Office, Ministry of Internal Affairs, General Police Inspectorate and Customs Service of the Republic of Moldova;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, Romanian and Russian (at least C1 level);
- Computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet);
- Experience in legal issues translation and interpretation;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
The following skills will be considered an asset for the RTA language assistant:
- Experience in EU funded projects, especially as RTA assistant and/or RTA language assistant in a former Twinning project;
- Experience in translation and interpretation related to law enforcement agencies’ activities;
- Communication skills;
- Experience of working in an international environment;
- Knowledge of Lithuanian or Finnish language;
- Team player.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their (1) CV and a (2) letter of application (motivation) in English via e-mail to the following address: RTA Mr. Irmantas Mikelionis firstname.lastname@example.org and Mr. Dalius Kontrimavičius email@example.com by 6 September 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a pre-selection interview. Interviews preliminary are scheduled to be held in September 2017 in the premises of the National Anti-Corruption Centre of the Republic of Moldova, Stefan cel Mare avenue, 198, Chisinau MD-2004, Republic of Moldova. For any further information please contact RTA Mr. Irmantas Mikelionis firstname.lastname@example.org and Mr. Dalius Kontrimavičius email@example.com.
The above-mentioned Twinning project is an EU funded joint project between Lithuania, represented by the Special Investigation Service of the Republic of Lithuania, the Prosecution Service of the Republic of Lithuania, the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania, the Police Department under the Ministry of the Interior and Customs Department under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania, Romania, represented by the Anti-Corruption General Directorate of the Republic of Romania, Finland, represented by the HAUS Finnish Institute of Public Management Ltd and Republic of Moldova, represented by the National Anti-Corruption Centre of the Republic of Moldova, Anti-Corruption Prosecutor's Office, Ministry of Internal Affairs, General Police Inspectorate and Customs Service of the Republic of Moldova. The project implementation will last 24 months.
The purpose of the project is to support the Republic of Moldova in Strengthening of the institutional capacities of Law Enforcement Agencies of Moldova, including National Anti-Corruption Centre, Prosecution offices, Ministry of Interior, General Police Inspectorate, Customs Service, in order to increase the efficiency in the fight against corruption.
The selected person will be a self-employed independent consultant under a Service Contract and will undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force in the Republic of Moldova, including for those related to medical and social insurance. The RTA Language Assistant will carry his/her duties and tasks on the base of contract concluded with the Contracting Authority.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: