Location: Yerevan, Armenia (traveling appr. 5% of time)
Reports to: CEO
Term: Full time, with three months of probation period
Start date: August 01, 2015
The CRRC-Armenia Foundation is looking for a Research Director (RD). This is a unique opportunity to participate in, and contribute to, a range of various research and training projects that the Foundation undertakes.
The Research Director leads methodological innovation and training, ensures the quality of on-going research, including generation of research output in various forms (reports, data briefs, blog, presentations). Contribution to research project development (including proposal writing) and management is part of the profile. Some amount of time will also be dedicated to contributing to regional research projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Develops and enhances the ongoing research providing insight and scholarly innovation, especially in survey research and capacity building activities of CRRC-Armenia.
· Works closely with CRRC staff locally and regionally to support the development of the cohesive research strategy.
· Directs generation of high quality research output in a range of different formats to reach a broad audience for CRRC’s work.
· Leads and contributes to capacity building in research methodology based on innovative methods.
· Contributes to regular production and updates of CRRC outreach and PR materials, including e-bulletins, website and blogs, as well as to additional public outreach internationally and locally as needed.
· Communicates with donors, partners and other stakeholders locally and internationally in terms of project design, implementation and reporting.
· Contributes to research project management to ensure maximum impact of the CRRC research projects.
· Undertakes other duties to further CRRC’s overall goals.
Educational attainment ideally must be to the level of PhD, preferably in social sciences with extensive research experience. However, applicants holding a Master’s degree from a western university may also apply.
Experience and skills:
How to apply and other information
Interested candidates with appropriate qualifications are requested to apply submitting a CV, a motivation letter and a writing sample/ short essay on social science development in Armenia email@example.com by July 20, 2015 COB. Please mention the position title Research Director in the subject line of your application email.
Candidates may be required to take a written test and to deliver a presentation as well as participate in interviews.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Candidates who do not receive any feedback within three months should consider their application unsuccessful. No phone calls and personal visits, please.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: