ORGANIZATION: Teach For Armenia
TITLE: Recruiting Fellows (program participants)
DURATION: 2 years
LOCATION: Regional Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Teach For Armenia is looking for exceptional individuals with a record of achievement who seek to have transformational impact on the lives of students for a two-year experience teaching in schools where they are needed most. The Teach for Armenia Fellowship is a fully paid two-year leadership development program for outstanding university graduates and young professionals through teaching at underserved schools.
Teach For Armenia’s recruitment model focuses on finding the most driven, committed, and exceptional candidates for our Fellowship program.
We seek versatile and passionate individuals with the academic, leadership, and interpersonal experience necessary to be successful teachers in their schools, as well as passionate ambassadors of educational excellence for all children in Armenia. We give our Fellows the necessary training and education to become leaders in their classrooms, communities and careers.
We know that in order for our Fellows to be successful in their schools they must possess the following characteristics:
- Deep belief that all children can achieve great things, and a commitment to persevering in the face of challenges to ensure all students achieve their personal and academic goals
- Demonstrated leadership ability across a variety of settings
- Strong achievement in academic, professional, extracurricular, and/or volunteer settings
- Ability to adapt to change and a willingness to learn and grow
- Critical thinking skills, including the ability to accurately link cause and effect and to generate relevant solutions to problems
- Organizational and time management skills
- Deep commitment to Armenia’s development and the success of all Armenian children
To be considered eligible for the Teach For Armenia Fellowship potential Fellows must:
- Have obtained a Bachelor’s degree by July 2016
- Be fluent in Armenian, and possess strong speaking and writing skills
- Have a work permit and a social card for employment in Armenia
- Be able to commit to a two-year full-time teaching commitment from July 2016 until May 2018
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive + benefits
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please visit job fair in Yerevan (4 December 2015, Armenia Marriott Hotel, Tigran the Great Hall ) for more information about this job