TITLE: Project Expert for "Economic Integration of Syrian Refugees in Armenia"
START DATE/ TIME: November 2016
DURATION: November 2016 - October 2017
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The “Economic Integration of Syrian Refugees in Armenia (EISRA)” project, which is attached to the regional programme “Private Sector Development South Caucasus (PSD SC)” is currently looking for a Project Expert, who will support the EISRA team in conducting project activities in the professional field for the promotion of market & enterprise development, business networks, vocational training as well as results-based monitoring and reporting.
- Responsible for implementing the daily operational aspects of all the issues related to the project;
- Process technical aspects and further develop the area of responsibility in accordance with specified quality standards;
- Maintain a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ;
- Ensure that the project office as well as collaboration with other GIZ team runs smoothly.
Management and Coordination
- Coordinate and assist in preparing and conducting project activities and carry out other activities required for implementing these activities;
- Participate in formulating project action plans and help synchronise the planning and budgeting system and counterparts;
- Jointly responsible with partners for preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities.
- Assist national and international advisers in carrying out their work in Armenia and if required abroad;
Help identify the needs of government institutions, NGOs, enterprises and job seekers;
- Support in approving and controlling expenses for project activities in accordance with the prevailing provisions;
- Regularly consult with the GIZ officer responsible for the contract and cooperation on all project activities;
- Coordinate the use of office and transport capacities in accordance with the agreement on the use of facilities at the relevant office location;
- Assist the project with all organisational and management issues.
Monitoring, Reporting and Networking
- Collect and process activity results and data for monitoring system and compile reports in English and in German;
- Develop and maintain contact with all important stakeholders;
- Provide technical assistance to local and international experts;
- Ensure knowledge management: collect, process, create and distribute relevant information, monitor communication and interaction between government institutions, NGOs and BMOs, and enterprises through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars, etc.
Other Duties/ Additional Tasks
Perform other duties and tasks at the request of the project and the PSDP management.
- University degree in an area that is related to the project/ programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (equivalent to MBA) in international business and / or SME development, development studies, migration;
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in a similar position;
- Strong ability for self-motivation, self-organisation, thinking for oneself, priority-setting;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Taking responsibility and delivering high quality also under pressure, ensuring reliability and confidence;
- Ability to prepare GIZ reports on private sector development, business development, market development and refugees and enterprise promotion in English and German;
- Very good working knowledge of information and telecommunication technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications such as MS Office also for data collection and processing;
- Excellent presentation skills with creative approaches;
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Armenian language;
- Proficiency in German language, knowledge of Western Armenian and/or Arabic is an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of audiences (both specialized and non-specialized), ideally also Armenians displaced from Syria;
- Awareness of specific situation and needs of the target group;
- Willingness to travel also abroad and to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed (corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to liaise and cooperate with other members of a team;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Negotiable
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: GIZ-Armenia@giz.de. With getting the automatic respond "Thank you for your email. It has been received by the GIZ Office Armenia" the receipt is confirmed, if not, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 4/ 1 Baghramyan Street, Yerevan. The candidates should indicate the vacancy they are applying for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 02 November 2016
ABOUT COMPANY: For more information on GIZ please visit www.giz.de.
ABOUT: The "Economic Integration of Syrian Refugees in Armenia (EISRA)" project is attached to the Private Sector Development South Caucasus (PSD SC) Programme which operates on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in the three countries Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia with the aim of improving the conditions for foreign-trade sectors and pro-poor growth. To achieve this, the PSD SC programme focuses on three fields:
a) Improving the political frameworks;
b) Promoting private-sector development in selected value chains; and
c) Vocational education and training.
The implementation of policies, strategies and pilot measures are central activities.
The EISRA project under the umbrella of PSD SC has a facilitator role for multi-stakeholder coordination and cooperation along with pilot activities for business development and access to finance for the target group of persons displaced to Armenia due to the civil war in Syria.
The factsheet of EISRA project is available for download on www.syrarbi.am.