Project Assistant for "De-Risking and Scaling-up Investment in Energy Efficient Building Retrofits" Project
Duty Station - Yerevan, Armenia
Education & Work Experience - I-Master's Level Degree - 3 year(s) experience
Languages - Armenian E, English
Contract Duration - One year with possibility of extension
Only nationals of Armenia country are eligible to apply
The Project seeks to systematically de-carbonise the existing building stock in Armenia. The Project having as main objective to ensure sizeable energy savings and accompanying GHG emissions reductions in both public and residential buildings, will also ensure co-benefits as green job creation and poverty reduction by addressing market barriers. The barriers to energy efficient building renovation will be addressed through a combination of policy and financial de-risking instruments and targeted financial incentives to key market players. The Project is structured under four components: building sector Monitoring, Report and Verification (MRV) and knowledge management; policy de-risking; financial de-risking; and financial incentives. In addition to funding from the Green Climate Fund, the Project will catalyze private and public sector financing for achieving the objectives and quantified indicators set by Project Document.
UNDP will work with the Government, city municipalities/administrations, financing institutions, private sector stakeholders, ESCos to deploy the most cost-effective combination of policy and financial de-risking instruments.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and supervision of Climate Change Programme Coordinator and direct supervision of the Project Manager the Project Assistant will provide support for implementation of tasks associated with the day-to-day management and operation of the projects. S/he will be responsible for operational, administrative and financial project management support functions.
- Provides support to fostering and strengthening partnerships and cooperation with project stakeholders, relevant international organisations, international and local financial institutions, state institutions and CBOs/NGOs. Provides support in project awareness raising activities.
- Provides support for conducting data collection and review, compilation of background materials for use in reporting, discussions and briefing sessions, prepare components of presentations and briefings.
- Contributes to preparation of written materials, reports as per the requirements to UNDP, Government and Green Climate Fund, briefing notes, outcome board materials within the assigned area.
- Provides support the Programme Coordinator and Project Manager in planning, daily implementation and monitoring of annual work plan activities.
- Assists the project experts’ team through information dissemination, technical backstopping, report preparation, translations, drafting information for web-pages ensuring regular updates;
- Provides support for organization of seminars, press conferences, workshops, advisory board meeting and other public campaign. Drafts agendas, prepared leaflets, information nots, press releases for media and stakeholders.
- Drafts correspondence relating to assigned project areas; clarifies, follows up, responds to requests for information, ensuring proper communication and information exchange within the Project Team.
- Ensures accurate observance of administrative rules, regulations and procedures within the framework of Project and in line with UNDP SOPs for Recruitment/Procurement/Finance.
- Makes all necessary arrangements for procurement/recruitment within the framework of the project. Support in preparation of procurement /recruitment plans, selection notes, and expert evaluation documents.
- Makes logistical arrangements for missions and expert’s visits, prepares briefing kits and background materials.
- Takes notes and draft minutes of working meetings, workshops, advisory board meetings. Assists with translation of relevant communication, information notes, short reports, etc.
- Ensures maintenance of records on assets management. Acts as the custodian for office furniture, including maintenance of inventory records, preparation of detailed reports as required;
- Provides support to project management during the audits and evaluations;
- Assists the Project Manager and Programme Associate in preparation of AWP, draft budget revisions and drafts monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the project;
- Prepares documentation for vendors and for Request for Payments, to ensure smooth financial operation of AWP activities.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Required Skills and Experience
University degree in economics, social sciences, business administration or other related disciplines.
3 years of relevant administrative experience is required at the national or international level. Prior relevant experience with UNDP implemented projects will be an asset.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Languages: Fluency in English, Armenian.
High level of integrity and professionalism, demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion.
Result oriented; ability to work under pressure and in circumstances of diverse interests. Demonstrated strong team spirit.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates can apply for the position at: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=11238&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2