Position - Lawyer
Place - Yerevan, Republic of Armenia
Duration - Long-term
Starting date - May 2017
Contract type - Part-time
Technical Proposals for place - "Armenian Caritas" Benevolent NGO
Address: Yerevan, Chaykovski 34, apt. 23
E-mail submission of technical proposals
Armenian Caritas Benevolent NGO is implementing the EU funded Recognize. Protect. Realize. Project aiming to protect the rights of displaced persons due to the Civil war in Syria and support their integration into Armenian society. The action is coordinated by Caritas Austria.
In the framework of the project’s economic and legal integration component it is planned to select a lawyer.
Job responsibilites of the lawyer
- to study the international legal regulations concerning the rights of migrants and refugees;
- to study the legislation on the rights of refugees, migrants in the Republic of Armenia, as well as to study the legislation and other legal acts concerning ethnic armenians moved to Armenia because of the unstable and insecure situation in the countries they lived;
- to provide legal assistance/consultancy to the displaced persons and migrants on the laws and other legal acts in RA;
- to support for the solution of the legal issues, to apply to the relevant state bodies, international and local organizations as well as other stakeholders and to advocate for the beneficiaries’ rights at relevant state bodies in case of need;
- to support beneficiaries to solve issues concerning their legal, social status, health and education;
- to submit legal documents related to the project relevant activities;
- to colaborate with Caritas Lebanon partners in order to provide consultancy to the Syrian Armenians willing to move to Armenia;
- to participate in the development and implementation of the project activities having legal content.
The selection of the lawyer will be conducted according to the bellow mentioned conditions and giving preference to the candidates having professional qualification in human rights protection and working experience with the target group of the project:
- higher education in the sphere of jurisprudence;
- relevant working experience in the field of protection of human rights, advocacy (at least 3 years of experience),
- relevant knowledge on the main migration and refugee related policies, legal documents;
- deep knowledge and understanding of Syrian-Armenian’ issues and the current situation;
- excellent oral and written communication skills in Armenian, knowledge of English will be an advantage.
Methods and tools
- review of the existing legal acts and other relevant documents;
- examine beneficiaries’ cases;
- provide legal consultancy, data collection;
- design and develop relevant documents;
The payment will be done on monthly bases.
Procedure for submission of expression of interest
Interested candidates should submit their applications to the following email addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or to Armenian Caritas Yerevan office: Yerevan, Chaykovski 34, apt. 23, not later than 28 April, 2017, 18:00.
The application should include
- CV (including education, working experience as well as documents certifying experience of working with the relevant topics);
- motivation letter.
Please note: "Armenian Caritas" BNGO will invite for the interview only the short-listed applicants from the first documentary stage.