TITLE: (Junior) Project Expert for PR, Communication and Monitoring & Reporting
START DATE/ TIME: December 2016
DURATION: December 2016 - October 2017 (with possibility for prolongation)
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
The regional programme “Private Sector Development South Caucasus (PSD SC)” with its attached project “Economic Integration of Syrian Refugees in Armenia (EISRA)” is currently looking for a Project Expert, who will support the EISRA and the PSD SC Armenia teams in conducting project activities in the professional field of public relations, communication and results-based monitoring & reporting.
- Responsible for implementing the daily operational aspects of all the issues related to the projects with special focus on PR and communication;
- Process technical aspects and further develop the area of responsibility in accordance with specified quality standards;
- Maintain a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ;
- Ensure that the project office as well as collaboration with other GIZ team runs smoothly.
- University degree in an area that is related to the project/ programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (equivalent to MBA) in journalism, language and communication science and / or international business, development studies, migration;
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in a similar position (if below, then minimum 1,5 years for a junior expert position);
- Strong ability for self-motivation, self-organisation, thinking for oneself, priority-setting;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Taking responsibility and delivering high quality also under pressure, ensuring reliability and confidence;
- Proven experience in writing high quality and effective PR texts in English and Armenian, on topics such as private sector development, market development, international development and refugees and enterprise promotion;
- Strong ability to manage activity and data monitoring and process it for precise and results-oriented GIZ reports in English, ideally also in German;
- Very good working knowledge of information and telecommunication technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications such as MS Office and design programmes;
- Excellent presentation skills with creative approaches;
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Armenian language;
- Sound knowledge of German language as well as knowledge of Western Armenian and/or Arabic would be of great advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to access and communicate with a variety of audiences (both specialized and non-specialized), ideally also Armenians displaced from Syria;
- Awareness of specific situation and needs of the target group;
- Willingness to travel also abroad and to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed (corresponding measures are agreed with the two team leaders);
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to liaise and cooperate with other members of a team;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Negotiable
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: GIZ-Armenia@giz.de. With getting the automatic respond "Thank you for your email. It has been received by the GIZ Office Armenia" the receipt is confirmed, if not, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 4/ 1 Baghramyan Street, Yerevan. The candidates should indicate the vacancy they are applying for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 02 November 2016
ABOUT COMPANY: For more information on GIZ please visit www.giz.de.
ABOUT: The Private Sector Development South Caucasus (PSD SC) programme operates on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in the three countries Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia with the aim of improving the conditions for foreign-trade sectors and pro-poor growth. The EISRA project under the umbrella of PSD SC has a facilitator role for multi-stakeholder coordination and cooperation along with pilot activities for business development and access to finance for the target group of persons displaced to Armenia due to the civil war in Syria
To achieve this, the PSD SC programme and its EISRA project focus on three fields:
a) Improving the political frameworks;
b) Promoting private-sector development in selected value chains; and
c) Vocational education and training.
The implementation of policies, strategies and pilot measures are central activities.