ORGANIZATION NAME: FAST Foundation
TITLE: Event Coordinator
START DATE: ASAP
The Event Coordinator will be responsible for every aspect of FAST events, from conception to completion. The incumbent understands requirements of each event, plans events with attention to financial and time constraints, scouts and books venues, organizes transportation, hires and wrangles keynote speakers or celebrities, hires A/V teams, entertainment, and equipment, makes sure the events run smoothly and efficiently, and handles any crisis that may come up.
The right candidate must make sure the shrimp cocktail stays cold and the hired band stays hot. The Coordinator must be well organized and competent in vendor management. Communication skills and attention to detail will set apart the best among the candidates. Add a shot of enthusiasm and passion for the job and you’ll be our ideal candidate.
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, workshops, roundtables, fairs, charity events, trade shows, business meetings, and virtual events.
- Create event proposals, inclusive of budgets, which fit FAST requirements and present proposals by deadline.
- Collaborate with Web/Online teams to digitize and optimize organization and administrative activities of all events.
- Maintain a working relationship with vendors and venues.
- Plan event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list.
- Delegate event-planning tasks to other staff members where necessary.
- Coordinate event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers.
- Stay under budget while planning event specifications.
- Issue invoices and collect payments in a timely manner, and create comprehensive and readable financial reports.
- Manage and oversee events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, direct event set-up, communicate with staff, and organize vendors.
- Communicate with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event, and when necessary craft marketing materials such as print and Internet advertisements for individual events.
- Select chefs or catering companies to prepare food for event.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Develop and oversee fundraising events.
- Secure sponsorships.
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP list.
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Ensure the venues are left clean.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in hospitality management, marketing, advertising, or business management) and at least two-year experience working in the planning or related field.
- Very strong English and Armenian written and verbal communication skills
- Russian written and verbal communication is desired
- A proven track record of organizing successful events.
- Communication: Outstanding ability to communicate with senior management. Understand their needs and present ideas and solutions to their requirements. Ability to also work with suppliers, contractors, employees, wait staff and many other parties at the same time. Customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Monitoring: During the course of the event, the Coordinator must be on-site. The incumbent will monitor all activities, ensure staff is on task and make sure attendees of the event are satisfied with their experience.
- Calm under Pressure: Many things can go wrong during an event, and something eventually will. The coordinator must have the ability to remain calm during crisis and the high pressure of an event in progress.
- Computer Skills: Ability to use relevant computing hardware and software to communicate, plan, budget and organize events.
- Negotiation Skills: Excellent negotiation skills to work out prices with contractors.
- Organization: Many things happen all at once at meetings. The coordinator must have the ability to stay focused and organized so that the event goes off without a hitch.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to quickly solve the issue is required.
- Follow-Up: Following the event, the Coordinator must review how the event went, conduct a satisfaction evaluation with the management team, pay bills, and provide an end of an event summary report.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate the title of the position “Event Coordinator“ in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST Foundation is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
ABOUT FAST FOUNDATION
FAST intends to become a platform for bringing the technological breakthrough in Armenia in the areas of IT and computer science, artificial intelligence, robotics, biotechnology, advanced engineering and manufacturing technologies. The Foundation will be based on 4 pillars: education, research, start-ups and production. Expert council will be formed for every direction.
FAST is planned to pursue three main goals: to serve as a catalyst for technological development, concentrate the efforts and last, but not least, to coordinate the progress in the field. At the same time, FAST will operate according to the principle of an open platform that is ready for the development of partnership relations with private, state, public and scientific organizations in Armenia and in foreign countries. Organizationally FAST will operate as a FOF, without pursuing a commercial objective by itself. The initiative will create commercial venture funds and other business structures.
The scope of the initial financing for the development of the Foundation will be up to USD 15 million. The co-founders will launch a global fundraising campaign to attract up to USD 250 million within five years.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 3, 2017