DIRECTOR OF ACADEMIC PROGRAMS AND AWARDS / VICE PRESIDENT
ORGANIZATION NAME: FAST Foundation
TITLE: Director of Academic Programs and Awards / Vice President
START DATE: ASAP
Reporting to the senior management, the Vice President and Director of Academic Programs and Awards will be responsible for creative and operational success of FAST Academic Programs and Awards. The candidate will be responsible for seamless program creation, delivery, and quality control and evaluation. In this newly established role, the incumbent will ensure every program is innovative, delivered successfully, and managed with care. The Director is expected to uphold the values and vision of the organization.
- Initiate, develop, and implement academic programs and awards according to the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Plan programs from start to completion, including deadlines, milestones, and processes.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
- Develop and meet budget and operational requirements.
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements.
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people.
- Apply change, risk, and resource management principles when needed.
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports and presentations.
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct quarterly evaluations according to the program evaluation framework.
- Report evaluation findings to the CEO and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with program development and team management experience. The successful candidate will build new programs, lead them, and partner and work collaboratively with a high-pace management team.
- Master’s degree in Management, Business Administration, or other relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience in program development role
- At least 3 years of experience in a team management role
- Demonstrated success developing, evaluating, selecting, and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Experience working with information and communication technology to develop and implement program evaluation systems and metrics
- Strong project execution skills, managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Experience working with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance
- Deep understanding of human resources, plans for employee performance improvement, and corrective action policies
- Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and proven experience negotiating win-win agreements
- Excellent English and Armenian verbal and written communication skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to FAST’s mission
- Analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate the title of the position “Director of Academic Programs and Awards /Vice President “ in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST Foundation is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
ABOUT FAST FOUNDATION
FAST intends to become a platform for bringing the technological breakthrough in Armenia in the areas of IT and computer science, artificial intelligence, robotics, biotechnology, advanced engineering and manufacturing technologies. The Foundation will be based on 4 pillars: education, research, start-ups and production. Expert council will be formed for every direction.
FAST is planned to pursue three main goals: to serve as a catalyst for technological development, concentrate the efforts and last, but not least, to coordinate the progress in the field. At the same time, FAST will operate according to the principle of an open platform that is ready for the development of partnership relations with private, state, public and scientific organizations in Armenia and in foreign countries. Organizationally FAST will operate as a FOF, without pursuing a commercial objective by itself. The initiative will create commercial venture funds and other business structures.
The scope of the initial financing for the development of the Foundation will be up to USD 15 million. The co-founders will launch a global fundraising campaign to attract up to USD 250 million within five years.