Consultant for the development of “Supplementary education components of National Strategy on Environmental Education”
Location: Yerevan, ARMENIA
Application Deadline: 20-Aug-17 (Midnight New York, USA)
Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Sep-2017
Duration of Initial Contract: Up to 40 working days within 4 months
The UNDP-GEF “Generate global environmental benefits through environmental education and raising awareness of stakeholders” project aims to address priority capacity needs related to the environmental literacy of key stakeholders, such as the need to increase skills and knowledge of staff in organizations involved in implementing environmental management practices; the need to increase consideration of environmental obligations in various social-economic development programmes; and the need to increase awareness of decision-makers on global environmental issues and country’s obligations under the Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEA) that Armenia is Party to.
The objective of the project is to strengthen the capacity to use Environmental Education (EE) and awareness raising as tools to address natural resource management issues. It will, on one hand, increase the public knowledge on the environment and the need to protect nature, and, on the other hand, transfer the required knowledge to the targeted beneficiaries to allow them to be development actors without harming the environment.
One of the expected outputs of the Project is to mainstream environmental education into national strategies, programmes and projects, providing Armenia with an effective development apparatus that includes environmental education as a tool to raise public awareness on global and national environmental issues and solutions to be implemented at the national and local levels. The development of strategy for EE is an opportunity to strengthen the overall strategic vision of the environmental education sector, as well as to develop environmental education programmes and sustainable delivery mechanisms targeting not only traditional Educational sectors, but also public sector employees and educators in Armenia.
Development of EE strategy is among the priorities for the RoA Government Plan of Action for 2017, approved by the RoA Decree 122-N of 12 January 2017. In order to complement this Plan of Action the Project will support the development of strategy on EE by the RoA Ministry of Nature Protection.
- Good knowledge of educational and environmental sector at national level. Understanding of and practical exposure to the institutional framework governing educational sector in Armenia;
- Knowledge of MEAs and local legislation, related to the task implementation;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with people of different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with senior members of national institutions;
- High sense of responsibility; proven ability to work under time pressure and handle multiple activities and tasks concurrently;
- Excellent writing, communication and coordination skills, ability to express ideas clearly in both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and to participate effectively in a team based information sharing;
- Good technical skills (computer literacy and knowledge of MS office software).
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree in public administration or other related fields; a relevant university degree in combination with qualifying experience in the subject area may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 10 years of proven experience in supplementary educational sector;
- Experience in development of policy and strategic documents in field of supplementary education;
- Experience in EE is an assset;
- Strong track record in desk review, data collection and analysis in the field of supplementary education;
- Experience of working with international organizations is an asset.
- Fluency in Armenian with excellent writing skills. Working knowledge of English is required.
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal. The contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR;
- Having received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
- Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
- Criteria A – Advanced university degree with qualification in public administration or other related fields - max. 10 points;
- Criteria B – At least 10 years of proven experience in supplementary educational sector - max. 10 points;
- Criteria C - Experience in development of policy and strategic documents in the field of supplementary education – max. 20 points;
- Criteria D- Good knowledge of educational and environmental sectors at national level, knowledge of MEAs and local legislation, related to the task implementation - max. 10 points;
- Criteria E – Excellent writing and communications skills - max. 10 points;
- Criteria F - Experience in EE – max. 5 points.
- Criteria F - Experience of work with international organizations - max. 5 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals receive points in inverse proportion.
The following lump sum payable modality is envisaged for implementation of the task:
Output 1 – 40 %
Output 2 – 60 %
Evaluation of outcomes is the responsibility of UNDP. Payment will be issued according to the claims and submitted deliverables. In case the conditions of the ToR are not met the contract may be terminated or the consultancy fee may be reduced.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- UNDP Personal History form (P11)
- Letter of interest;
- Financial Proposal and Availably: OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP
- General Conditions of Contract is available here
- Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents in one single PDF file to attach).
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates can apply for the position at: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=73792