Consultant for developing the Impact Investment for Development Platform
Location : Yerevan, ARMENIA
Application Deadline : 16-Jul-2017 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 20-Jul-2017
Duration of Initial Contract : 20 July -31 December 2017 (up to 110 working days)
UNDP Armenia is working to advance the use of impact investment tools for development. In particular UNDP Armenia office is focusing on several initiatives under the concept of Impact Investment for Development Platform. More specifically these include structuring and putting in operations an impact venture accelerator, impact fund and introducing pay-for-performance schemes (e.g. social impact bond) for impact projects. The Consultant will be part of impact investment team that focused efforts on the above mentioned initiatives, will work under direct supervision of the Senior Adviser and in close cooperation with Kolba Lab team, other teams of UNDP Armenia, and the counterpart institutions/organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Consultant will include:
Program development activities
- Contribute to development of proposals, prospects and presentation materials for the impact accelerator, investment fund and other IIV initiatives;
- Work on compiling set of planning documents (strategy, operations plan, deal flow)
- Help in structuring a range of activities directed at identifying and supporting impact ventures
- Lead calls, solicitation and screening for impact ideas, start-up projects and ventures for support under various IIV formats.
- Contribute to development of training and mentoring program; assist in the matching process between advisors and entrepreneurs
- Participate in the acceleration activities by providing strategy consulting to social ventures in areas such as business model, client acquisition, overall strategy, financing, fundraising, market research, operations, contract negotiations, etc.
- Research impact investment trends, related thematic areas in alterative finance, financial instruments, impact venture business models, impact assessment and reporting approaches.
- Work adapting impact assessment methodologies to the requirements of specific projects and connect them with SDG framework.
- Research on modalities international development organizations have been involved with social enterprises and impact investments.
- Compiling database of prospective both institutional and individual investors and donors interested in funding social enterprises under various schemes.
Expand rapport with the sector stockholders
- Through social media, personal and professional network to communicate with impact investment and social entrepreneurship sector players (entrepreneurs, investors, donors, related NGOs and government reps, international organizations) on the initiatives of UNDP in the context of forming productive partnerships on the above mentioned initiatives.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in business administration, economics, finance, international development;
- At least 3 years of Experience in working in the domains of Social Entrepreneurship; or Innovation; or Venture Capital, or Private Equity, or Impact Investment, or Project Incubation & Acceleration, or Project Finance;
- Experience in the fields of fundraising, business and economic research as well as working in SME environment and understanding the issues and challenges facing SMEs is strong assets.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Armenian.
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal.
The contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR;
- Having received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
- Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 100 points
Criterion A: Education- 15 points
Criterion B: At least 3 years of Experience in working in the domains of Social Entrepreneurship or Innovation or Venture Capital, or Private Equity, or Impact Investment, Project Incubation & Acceleration, or Project Finance-25 points
Criterion C: Experience in the fields of fundraising, business and economic research as well as working in SME environment and understanding the issues and challenges facing SMEs -10 points
Criterion D: Experience and understanding of policy, advocacy, evaluation, business, and finance -5 points
Criterion E: Knowledge of English and Armenian- 5 points
Criterion F: Interview- 40 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals receive points in inverse proportion.
The contractor will be paid on a monthly basis for the number of days worked (up to a maximum of 20 days per month). For payment, certification of satisfactory performance and completed timesheets for each month are required. Evaluation of the outputs is the responsibility of the Senior Adviser.
Timing and reporting
The Consultant will be engaged on short-term base, up to 110 working days during 20 July -31 December 2017 period under Individual Contract arrangement and direct supervision of the Senior Adviser and within the overall support of Kolba Lab team and in close cooperation with the CSI team.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates can apply for the position at: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_apply.cfm?cur_job_id=73232
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- UNDP Personal History form (P11): http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/library/corporate/Careers/P11_Personal_history_form.doc.
- Letter of interest;
- Financial Proposal and Availably: OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP
General Conditions of Contract is available here: http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/documents/procurement/documents/IC%20-%20General%20Conditions.pdf.
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents in one single PDF file to attach).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.